Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The renegade is getting closer!!!!!!!

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
Their will be pictures posted soon on the DCS website. Then everybody will be able to see the latest and greatest intake for the crossfire corvettes:thumb

More Progress

DCS is making some tangible progress on the molds. Hopefully they are getting close to production. I'm sure those of us who are in the "pre-buy" are watching this, for everyone else it's an FYI.

DCS is making some tangible progress on the molds. Hopefully they are getting close to production. I'm sure those of us who are in the "pre-buy" are watching this, for everyone else it's an FYI.

Hmmm, my quote. Seems like DCS has been very quiet lately. Anyone know what's going on?

News on the renegade, the foundry will be doing a test pour on thursday Jan 14. Should hear on friday what is going on, hope they turn out perfect.:beer

I've been eagerly following the progress of this intake also. Here are some pics of the first successful pour and casting. It looks lovely!
I know my car is going to benefit greatly from this. Not just in horsepower numbers either, I expect cold running and startup to be better than the X-Ram which just condenses all the gas in the upper plenum until it gets hot.

Anyway, here's the pics, IT LIVES :)

image001-1.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Looks great, but they've been a little quiet latley. Wondering whats' going on. We have any insiders on this forum?

Mmmmm...Its been less than four full days as of today since the last update. Define "lately", thanks.

Um... 8 days but who's counting. Was anticipatiing news from the 02/01 meeting.

"Update...1/30/10
The manifold was delivered back to the pattern maker on Friday morning 1/29/10 for their review of the continued machining process. No determination was made on Friday for next weeks pours at this time. We will be talking with the pattern maker on Monday 2/1/10 to see what is next and if any further corrections still need to be made. "

Actually, its been less than four, but you're are correct that the site hasn't been updated. The update was made on the crossfire fire forum instead and the site does need to be updated to reflect current status.

Updated today.

Before you know it you will be seeing crossfires front ends lifting off the ground and blowing past stock or ported crossfires at the track. If you don't have a renegade on your crossfire at the track, it is like visiting a brothel without wearing a jimmy. It will still be fun but you will come out a loser in the end.

You can quote me on that.:w

Don't want to jinx it by posting anything too optimistic, but progress continues to be made. Gotta be frustrating to deal with the ups & downs as the schedule slips due to factors beyond your control. A big thanks to Buccaneer and Elkabong for staying with it and keeping us up to date.

No sense rushing things, it will only turn out like crap if they sent out the first ones they made. If DCS isn't happy with it I will not be happy either. Good things take time. It is like taking your time to reel in a hot chick, anybody can pick up a hog but then you are stuck with a hog.:D

I only get the hot chicks, no sense riding around in a vette with a hog, just doesn't make sense. Now if I drove an old rusted out hatch back(hyundai pony, dodge omni, nissan micra) then ya, hog city.

Anyone close to the recent progress at DCS? Care to advise? Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom