Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Review You've Been Waiting For: Top Gear on the ZR1

Corvette
2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster
...And the Cadillac CTS-V & Dodge Challenger. A journey from San Francisco to the Bonneville Salt Flats. I somehow think workers at the Bowling Green assembly plant will not like how Jeremy Clarkson describes them.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Part 3.

Part 4.

And I have just sent the State Department a quick email, to let them know how entertaining I found Top Gear to watch on their American visits. Take that, Jeremy Clarkson.

God I hate those guys, though I will agree with their assessment of the Dodge. Fake carbon fiber and hood louvers? Dumb.

Jeremy was actually praising the 'vette at the end there. That's definitely a first. Can't wait for Part II.

-Tatortot

Alright, all four parts have been posted. That was actually one of the nicest reviews I think they've ever given any American vehicle, let alone three.

Yeah, it really surprised me. Now I want to see the "Stig" take it around their track.

-Tatortot

Yeah, it really surprised me. Now I want to see the "Stig" take it around their track.

-Tatortot

Agreed! I want to see where it falls in the overall standings. As soon as I hear about that, I'll let you know.

Wow, that was definitely high praise coming from those guys. They definitely did not make any attempts to spare the cars either. I had to cringe every time whats-his-face sat on the hood of the ZR1. :eek:hnoes

:thumb Jason

I was worried after the 1st video it was just going to be another American car bash, but it really caught me by surprise. I guess the ZR1 is just too much car for them to overlook. Thanks Patrick for this thread, and the links.

-Tatortot

Wow, that was definitely high praise coming from those guys. They definitely did not make any attempts to spare the cars either. I had to cringe every time whats-his-face sat on the hood of the ZR1. :eek:hnoes

To be fair to Jeremy Clarkson (something I never thought I'd do), I've seen him sit on the hoods of Jaguars, Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Maseratis. He's an equal opportunity hood-sitter.
:L

I was worried after the 1st video it was just going to be another American car bash, but it really caught me by surprise. I guess the ZR1 is just too much car for them to overlook. Thanks Patrick for this thread, and the links.

-Tatortot

I've been waiting to see Top Gear look at the ZR1 for a long time now. I only found out about it because of a certain sci-fi show from my childhood (you make friends in the UK when your a fan of Doctor Who). Glad you enjoyed it, Tatortot.

Make sure you email the State Department and tell them how 'entertaining' you find Top Gear. :D

I think he did take it!! ;LOL

Not as much as I would like. But being pulled over by law enforcement and questioned was a slight reward.

Note to self: store "you infantile pillock" in memory banks for future use where appropriate.
:rotfl

Note to self: store "you infantile pillock" in memory banks for future use where appropriate.
:rotfl

There were a number of interesting lines... Clarkson's "Are you listening, Ferrari?" was right up there.

My son and I watched all four episodes through and found it very factual. :upthumbs

-Mac

My son and I watched all four episodes through and found it very factual. :upthumbs

Shame on you and Liam! It was not factual, it was highly entertaining!
:chuckle

i dont care..... i like that guy.... ever notice how freakin calm he is while giving whatever car he is driving a severe ass whoopin!! :eek:hnoes

BBC have numerous episodes of Top Gear available on YouTube but those episodes haven't been added yet. Pity.

-Mac

ps: Patrick, I see you've improved your avatar. :thumb

Crap! The vids have been pulled due to the BBC crying about copyright. :(

BBC have numerous episodes of Top Gear available on YouTube but those episodes haven't been added yet. Pity.

-Mac

Alas, the BBC has become rather ruthless in getting content removed from YouTube. (As a fan of the revived Doctor Who, I know this from experience.) The specific Top Gear episode where they took the ZR1, CTS-V and the Challenger across the Sierras aired in the UK two Sundays ago, and the episodes went up on YouTube the next night. Once it's up, you have to be quick in getting to it before it gets removed- generally within a week.

If you missed it, Gorgon, don't worry: BBC America will be bringing it over to this side of the pond, but that won't happen until the current 2008 series of Top Gear runs it's course over in the UK. Expect to see it arrive here in January or February.
:)

ps: Patrick, I see you've improved your avatar. :thumb

:D Just a little tweak I had done for visual interest.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom