Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Reviews are in: the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray is a hit!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Last edited by a moderator:
Since part of this redesign was deliberately targeting the world market, I am curious to see who the new Stingray gets reviewed by the European journalists... The inevitable comparisons to the Porsche etc...

-Mac

Of course it is a hit! I know I love it and cannot wait to get behind the wheel.

If anyone has an order number for a C7 and wants me to check the status please let me know. Please go through private message (do not hijack this thread) Thanks :cool!:

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

• Admin
Of course it is a hit! I know I love it and cannot wait to get behind the wheel.

If anyone has an order number for a C7 and wants me to check the status please let me know. Please go through private message (do not hijack this thread) Thanks :cool!:

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I'm with you Kelly!

I've started a new thread in this forum and stuck it to the top specifically for order numbers and status updates! :upthumbs

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...n/135216-c7-order-numbers-status-updates.html

• Admin
  • Admin
Video: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51! Testing the New High Tech

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2NjYGtxClsM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

The Original and Best

What a great way to get ya stuck to your computer, it's gettin' props like crazy... to be expected given all the complex systems included. That diff's a trip! Still not wild about the surface styling, but the performance is second to none and it WILL dine on Porsches regularly, unless they get out of their 911 habit which is, of course, up to them.
I hope any production items get ironed out smoothly - this thing's certainly worth waiting for!

Then I read that the new Impala is being showered with love by Consumer Reports! Am I on the same planet? :rotfl

Congats Chevy and Vette team! Smoke 'em all, let the time sheets sort 'em out!! :upthumbs

Then I read that the new Impala is being showered with love by Consumer Reports! Am I on the same planet? :rotfl

Congats Chevy and Vette team! Smoke 'em all, let the time sheets sort 'em out!! :upthumbs

I've got to say, I've never been an Impala fan, but I got a chance to check out a few new Impalas at my local Chevy dealer last month when I brought my Vette in for an inspection sticker. I was blown away. Awesome styling and a killer interior! GM is finally building more cars that appeal to me other than just Corvette and Cadillac. :upthumbs

Before people state getting to crazy let's put this in perspective compare this car with the last base car the LS3 Z51 as tested by the same magazine . Car and Driver they tested a 2008 Z51 LS3 car with about the same stuff as they did the new Stingray and here are the times.

LS3 0-60 4.0 LT1 0-60 3.9
LS3 1/4 mile 12.4 116 mph LT1 1/4 mile 12.2 117 mph

and the LS3 was tested at 83 deg and the LT1 was at 73 deg.

The LT1 did stop 15 feet shorter from 70mph but they did not complain about soft brake pedal after the test with the LS1

The LT1 also pulled 0.13G better on the skid pad but I bet the new tires had a lot to do with some of that but then again the 1984 Z51 also pulled over 1G on the skid pad and you know how bad those tires where back then.

so it's true the numbers are better but the tested LT1 was also $10,000.00 more.

Just something to think about.

I've got to say, I've never been an Impala fan, but I got a chance to check out a few new Impalas at my local Chevy dealer last month when I brought my Vette in for an inspection sticker. I was blown away. Awesome styling and a killer interior! GM is finally building more cars that appeal to me other than just Corvette and Cadillac. :upthumbs

The Impala is the first American sedan to be chosen by CR as best in class in over 20 years. I couldn't believe it. CR just doesn't choose US made stuff - it just isn't done. What's going on?

Before people state getting to crazy let's put this in perspective compare this car with the last base car the LS3 Z51 as tested by the same magazine . Car and Driver they tested a 2008 Z51 LS3 car with about the same stuff as they did the new Stingray and here are the times.

LS3 0-60 4.0 LT1 0-60 3.9
LS3 1/4 mile 12.4 116 mph LT1 1/4 mile 12.2 117 mph

and the LS3 was tested at 83 deg and the LT1 was at 73 deg.

The LT1 did stop 15 feet shorter from 70mph but they did not complain about soft brake pedal after the test with the LS1

The LT1 also pulled 0.13G better on the skid pad but I bet the new tires had a lot to do with some of that but then again the 1984 Z51 also pulled over 1G on the skid pad and you know how bad those tires where back then.

so it's true the numbers are better but the tested LT1 was also $10,000.00 more.

Just something to think about.
And let's remember that the 1984 Z51 was only able to pull that 1G on a skid pad because Corvette Engineers set up the suspension on the '84 to do so. However, when the car got into customer hands, GM started receiving a ton of complaints from customers who were losing the fillings out of their mouths when their cars drove over an ant in the road.

As a result, Corvette Engineers had to retune the suspension for the '85 model year thus softening it to appease customers.

The 2014 C7 can achieve 0.13 G better and not physically abuse the occupants in the process.

Good stuff...:)

Also....while we're comparing numbers: The LT1 puts out approximately 14 more horses and 22 more pound-feet of torque than the 2012 Grand Sport with the dual-mode exhaust.

The 0-60 times may be close, but the 2014 C7 will out-corner a 2012 Grand Sport; and does it using smaller tires up front than the Grand Sport.

Reference: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Research Center | C6 Corvette Center | 2012 Corvette Center | 2012 Corvette Performance Review

Yes but again I say if you used the same tires from the C7 on the grand sport would it handle as well ? Maybe, but remember there are far less differences between these cares two cars then is being put forth . They are the same basic suspension, same basic powertrain set up, eingine, bellhousing, driveline support(high speed drive shaft) trans and rear together so they will be very similar in performance.

Yes but again I say if you used the same tires from the C7 on the grand sport would it handle as well ? Maybe, but remember there are far less differences between these cares two cars then is being put forth . They are the same basic suspension, same basic powertrain set up, eingine, bellhousing, driveline support(high speed drive shaft) trans and rear together so they will be very similar in performance.

David,

I'm a little confused then...how is the LT1 and LS3 engine similar?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom