Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Reviews are in: the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray is a hit!

They are both push rod motors and both 6,500 rpm motors and both 6.2 L
Ok, but that's where the similarities end?;shrug

Except for push rods, cubic inches and redlines, the LT1 and LS3 engines are like night and day.

No they are not night and day you can keep telling your self that they are but it does not make it so, power very close, fuel mileage very close, most of the improved mileage it from the extra overdrive gear. You can say because you can change cam timing and direct injection and can shut off cylinders that that makes them way different but it really does not the power is still going to be limited by the same two things air in exhaust out and they both do it about the same. I will admit they have added a lot more stuff to this engine to get some inprovements to power and fuel use but they have very little effect on overall performance what like 5% if you think this make it a night and day difference I do not see it., L98, LT5 big difference there is no way that a L98 could ever come close to LT5 power. Old LT1 , L98 would heve been close if you could rev. the L98 to 5,700rpms even though they looked so different.

No they are not night and day you can keep telling your self that they are but it does not make it so, power very close, fuel mileage very close, most of the improved mileage it from the extra overdrive gear. You can say because you can change cam timing and direct injection and can shut off cylinders that that makes them way different but it really does not the power is still going to be limited by the same two things air in exhaust out and they both do it about the same. I will admit they have added a lot more stuff to this engine to get some inprovements to power and fuel use but they have very little effect on overall performance what like 5% if you think this make it a night and day difference I do not see it., L98, LT5 big difference there is no way that a L98 could ever come close to LT5 power. Old LT1 , L98 would heve been close if you could rev. the L98 to 5,700rpms even though they looked so different.

"David-F"...what test data do you have to support some of your statements above. I'm particularly interested in the facts you have to prove:

1) "most of the improved mileage comes from the extra overdrive gear."

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom