Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The wait was worth it !!

The Gu

Corvette
2010 Yellow Coupe
September 11th, @ 1:00 PM, I took possession of my new 2010 Corvette.

After the salesman showed me all the switches / controls, and backed it out of the showroom, he opened the door for me, and in I jumped.

Adjusted the mirrors, pushed the ignition button, and ............RAPTURE !!

I wanted one all my life, and the day had finally arrived. I felt almost dizzy as I rolled out of the lot and onto the street to go and pick up my wife for our first drive together.

And I have a confession to make.

When I got behind the wheel at the dealership, it was THE very first time I had ever been in a Corvette. Not just the first time driving a Corvette, but the very first time EVER inside a Corvette.

Quite an experience indeed...........

Even after 3 weeks, I have to go the garage almost daily, whether I am going to drive it or not, just to confirm it really is there, and it really is mine.

And as soon as I can figure out how to hook up my disposable instamatic camera to my computer, I will include some photos.

The guy with the BIG SMILE will be me :D:D:D:D:D

Dennis :beer

That is so cool! Took a long time, but definitely was worth the wait! :thumb

WHILE DRIVING YOUR 2010 VETTE, DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

Congratulations, Dennis!

Just a word of caution: in the next few weeks, you will experience moments where, for no apparent reason, you wake up in the middle of the night, wander through the house to the garage, and just stand there for a few minutes looking at your new Corvette. This is perfectly normal.
;)

Congratulations, Dennis!

Just a word of caution: in the next few weeks, you will experience moments where, for no apparent reason, you wake up in the middle of the night, wander through the house to the garage, and just stand there for a few minutes looking at your new Corvette. This is perfectly normal.
;)

And this is no joke.

:blue: Ah, young love is so adorable!!!!

I can relate. The 2nd time I ever sat in a Corvette, I was driving my new Z06 home form the dealership! Enjoy your car!

Cool story Dennis!! I found myself grinning right along with you. :thumb

Congrats and my very best wishes for you and your wife as you bond with your new Corvette.

.........now, stop typing and show us some photos already! :L

:wJane Ann

new vette

So happy for you Dennis, enjoy your new vette. I will be experencing your joy as this week Mary and I are waiting for a call from KC Superior chevy as to when our new 2009 cristal red callaway with 606 hp no less shows up and we can go get it and zoom home. I will probably be slepting in it so it doesn't get to far away. good luck and hope to see you at crusefest next summer...............................................Billy:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w

Hey Dennis,
I definitely know the feeling, I had 2 Vettes a 67 BB coupe and an 03 Z06. Then I traded the Z for a 2009 Vette a week before you bought yours. It had been on the lot for almost a year before I bought it, but there is just something about bveeing the first to own it that makes it sooooo much sweeter. Hey enjoy and God Bless.
Steve

Enjoy. That feeling will not diminish. I still feel the same way after 35 years with my first one. I store boxes in a garage where my Vette is housed. I still see the outline with the car cover on it while I'm working. Oh, the pull to lift up her cover and peak. You get the idea.

Know the feeling

I'm dating myself here,..but I remember the time I drove my first new Corvette. I had ordered a 64 fuel injected coupe, and after waiting almost 3 months, it finally arrived at the dealer. By the time I got down there, it was all ready to go. It was in the early evening and I just had to go for a drive. I couldn't get the smile off my face the whole time. I stopped by a friends house, and he was in the middle of dinner with his family. When he came to the door, and saw the car, he forgot about dinner, got in the car, and we went for a cruise.

I found myself going to work a half hour early, just so I could sit in the car before work. I would wake up in the morning, and the first thought that would go through my head was..."damn!...I've got a new Corvette in the garage...what am I doing in bed??" Being this was only the second year of the Sting Ray, it took awhile for me to get use to people pointing at my car as I drove down the street. This is an experience that has stayed with me, throughout my life. :)

All's well that ends well. Enjoy those new wheels.:Steer

Dennis, Congrats! :beer
It's still going on for me and that was 16 years ago!

I learned early on that I've been somewhat blessed to have a Corvette as my DD.

Enjoy yours - drive it - don't get hung up on little things (dings) - remember it's still a car....although an awesome one at that.

chris

Thanks

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, and support :w

I have it put away for the winter, and I try very hard NOT to go and look at it on a daily basis. So far, no luck with that :rotfl

The winter months from November 1st to March 31st is only 151 days, and so far 17 have gone by !! Hmmm..........maybe I should stop counting ;shrug

Maybe I will grow hair on my palms or something ;help:chuckle;LOL

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and happy motoring in 2010. Santa has already been very good to me :thumb

Dennis

PS - Don't forget to wave :v

I wanted one all my life, and the day had finally arrived. I felt almost dizzy as I rolled out of the lot and onto the street to go and pick up my wife for our first drive together.

And I have a confession to make.

When I got behind the wheel at the dealership, it was THE very first time I had ever been in a Corvette. Not just the first time driving a Corvette, but the very first time EVER inside a Corvette.

I just picked up my first vette this August as well and like you had never even sat in a Corvette before (I did get to sit in one at a local dealer just before my purchase). It was just something I have been dreaming about owning since I was a kid so it didn't matter what it road like - I was buying it no matter what. I bought it from a dealer 1800 miles away and had never even driven one before I flew out to finalize the deal.

Quite the experience - and the 1800 mile trip home to MN was awesome! I love this car - too bad I had to put her away already...

I feel the pain of some of ya .I usually store in Florida and visit as often as I can .But this year the car and I will remain in Maine .Now here the weather is still drivable ,no sand or salt yet .

I'll go out and detail the car this winter and count the days just like you folks .April 1st is my magic day for count down .It never gets easy .

congrats- I will never forget the Friday night I bought my 2002 coupe drove it off the showroom floor,their was a crowd of people out front watching me=w0w!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom