Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Wave

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Has any one ever waved to a Corvette while driving something other than your Corvette?

2721145520103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Only a real sharp C1/C2. Otherwise I'm embarressed to be seen in my cargo/child molestor van.

Yup... The guy in the Vette gave me a strange look but he waved back... :w

By the way, older Jeep Wrangler owners wave to each other too... and motorcyclists are manufacturer-agnostic in their waves...

-Mac

Funny you should ask, I waved at a C5 today while driving an Escalade.
NO RESPONSE!:eyerole

Habit is hard to break.. don't meet that many corvettes out in the middle of nowhere but when I meet one I tend to wave no matter what I am driving.

All the time!:D

The wave is nice, but the real pleasure of owning a Vette is that if you break down and pull to the side of the road, it takes less than minute for some other Vette owner to spot and rescue you.

Sometimes.....

If I'm in the Corvette, I'll always wave. I get a response most of the time.

Yesterday I had my MG out for a drive and 3 Corvettes came the other way. Waved just the same from one owner to another and got a wave back.:D

Habit is hard to break.. don't meet that many corvettes out in the middle of nowhere but when I meet one I tend to wave no matter what I am driving.

Yup! Habit kicks in and my hand is up and waving before I realize I'm not in the Vette.

As has been stated above, habits are hard to break, so yes. I have been known to follow a corvette in my non-Corvette and talk to them when they stop. I keep a Corvette Hat in all of my non-corvette vehicles and put it on when I go over to talk to them. Last Thursday, I was helping in a move with our radio club to a storage facility and was driving my truck. While walking back to the storage facility's office, I glanced down one of the alleys that had 10' x 20' storage bays on both sides and noticed a red front end fender and headlites sticking partically out of a bay about 150 feet away. Recognized the partial profile immediately. Walked down and met a nice couple who store their 1962 triple red corvette in the bay. Spent about half an hour talking with them and learned they were members of the NCRS local chapter. They will call me when the next meeting is. Great conversation with them, and best part, all of the move by the radio club had been completed by the time I returned to our bay. A friend said that I must have been diverted by a corvette - he knows me that well. So it can be said that I go one step beyond just waving - I still have the fever.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom