Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Theft Deterrent System

Drwhitesr

Corvette
1980 C3 Corvette Red Coupe
Two Questions

1). Would anyone be able to explain how the theft deterrent system is armed and disarmed?

2). Is there a procedure to test the system to determine if the system is working correctly, or at all.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

My car is a 1980 C3

Push the inside lock button and close the door. It's armed (if it works). You can also arm it by closing the door and locking it with the key. Unlocking with the key will disarm it. The alarm will sound if you reach in an open window and open the door from the inside. It will also sound if you push the lock button and open the door then allow it to close far enough to depress the door switch then push it back open. I had a broken door hinge spring once and this happened to me a lot. I would push the door open and it would swing back closed far enough to depress the switch while I was swinging my legs out. Then the car alarm would go off and I would look like a twit. The only way to turn it off is to get out and use the key in the outside lock.

Tom

Push the inside lock button and close the door. It's armed (if it works). You can also arm it by closing the door and locking it with the key. Unlocking with the key will disarm it. The alarm will sound if you reach in an open window and open the door from the inside. It will also sound if you push the lock button and open the door then allow it to close far enough to depress the door switch then push it back open. I had a broken door hinge spring once and this happened to me a lot. I would push the door open and it would swing back closed far enough to depress the switch while I was swinging my legs out. Then the car alarm would go off and I would look like a twit. The only way to turn it off in this case is to get out and use the key in the outside lock.

Tom

Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom