Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thermal barrier on intake manifolds

tntcorvette

I have seen some people with "thermal" barriers on their intake manifolds to reduce heat transfer from the heads to the intake.

With my TPIS MiniRam, the top of the intake gets pretty darn hot to the touch, where when I had my SuperRam, it never got hot to the touch. Only difference is that the SuperRam sits on the base manifold where the TPIS unit is a one piece unit. So all things equal, the SuperRam proabbly got just as hot on the base as the MiniRam.

Anyone know where I can find info re: this thermal coating? Im looking into getting the base coated (side that faces the engine). I remember reading in the newer issue of Corvette Fever where More Performance has a new LS1/LS6 intake on a 427 that has the thermal barrier on it...guess i'll dig that issue out.

Im also considering putting in a coolant crossover in the back for the # 7 & #8 cylinders.

Any opinions?

Interesting suggestion. I've seen those plates on an LT-5 but it never crossed my mind to utilize such a device with my MiniRam. Thanks for the idea and if I turn up anything I'll be sure to post it here. :CAC

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom