Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

They Just Look Better Lowered

KEWL :upthumbs:booty

So let me get this straight 5thGeneration? You actually like the 4x4 look of a Vette at stock ride hieght? And they look like crap, just an inch or two lowered? That makes alot of sense.

Since when is lowering a sports car not right to do? They look better and handle better. Praise the lowered. :BOW

I bought mine already lowered and I love the way it looks. No way I would raise it back up.

ttttttt537.jpg

Come to think of it a lowered anything looks like CRAP ! But hey, it's your ride isn't it ? Just thought of something, what is it about the C-5 styling that is so bad it has to be lowered ? The C-1, C-2, C-3 and C-4 got by without it. Why not C-5 ? Every time I change oil I'm reminded how low my car is, and it is stock. But as they say whatever works for you, go for it ! :)

Corvette Designers

The subject of lowered Corvettes got me thinking about all the Corvette design concepts I've seen over my many years. These include everything from drawings to full size clay models done by all the GM Corvette Chief Designers. From Harley Earl, Larry Shinoda, Bill Mitchell and Jerry Palmer right through to John Cafaro and Tom Peters. The two things consistant with all their designs include the lowered stance of the cars and the minimum of air space between the top of the tires and the fenders.

Now maybe all the designers have bad taste and perhaps should return to the studios and rethink their concept of what looks good. But from a purely functional standpoint, even the GM Engineers recommend getting the cars as low as possible to keep air out from under them. In the end I'd have to agree with them.

Remo:cool

Life in the real world...

From a "purely functional standpoint" is why Corvettes were and are produced at their respective ride heights, it's the optimal height for them to be driven without damage.​

As you know, GM produces Corvettes to be driven not just admired, drawings and clay models are where design and beauty converge into objects, but when mules and test vehicles begin road testing they start taking on their real world look. Their concept drawings and clay model appearance takes somewhat of a backseat so they can survive life in the real world without to much damage which has risk and repair cost to their builders.​

4i0fpt.jpg

I'm trying to remember the last concept Corvette drawing or clay model I've seen running down the road in production form/attire as it 1st looked on the drawing board! :cool

2w5k4fs.jpg

L8TR - D

Upon Further Review

Dwayne....you are 100% correct in terms of everyday real world driving. Those of us that have lowered our Corvettes understand
and because of that we have to think ahead to avoid possible issues resulting from a reduced ride hieght. However, it's a compromise
we gladly live with.

My comments around desingers concepts were actually a response to those that think the lowered look is..... I believe the word used was...crap.:L

2209786100103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Omg!!!!!

Here's one that really needs to be lowered.:L

OK, I'll give you that one. That looks like the 4x4 version. That sits higher than mine.

Looks like it has pumped up air shocks. ;LOLHas anyone ever bagged a Vette?

Very Low

And looking good.:cool

3929265434_c320b70838_b.jpg

Atlanta, Georgia

2001 Z06 slammed on coilovers......nice.;)

DSC_0290Z06red.jpg

A Perfect Stance

Newpics005.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom