Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Think I found a ZR1...need advice!

S

sj20343

I have been looking for the right ZR1 for about a year, and I think I have finally found it.

'94 all original with documentation, 27500 miles, 2 owner car. Said to be in "like new condition", and the posted pictures appear to back the claim (of course I will go see it in person before I buy it).

They were asking 34K. I've got them down to 30K. However, I really only want to pay around 28K.

Does this sound like a fairly reasonable price for such an amazing car? I know prices are all over the place right now, and the high milage probably blows any collectability value. However, my main motivation is to have a driver.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, especially since a Z06 for the same milage, could be had for not much more.

Let's start with the premise that the car is all that it is advertised to be. You say you have been looking for a year and from the pictures and description you feel this is the car. You state you have the asking price of 34k down to 30k but you only really want to pay 28k,in my opinion you may be pushing it. Two points,if this is the car and you already got the seller to come down 4k i don't think i would "nit-pick" over 2k and if i was the seller and i came down 4k and you wanted another 2k,i know what i would say. I think any ZR1 is a special car and i do not think 27500 is high miles for a 10 old car. Just my .02 cents worth,remember you asked for different opinions and advice.

Got any pics u could post/share?

What color ext/int?

Where has it lived it's life (north/south/east west)?

Bone Stock?

The Last 1 Produced that's setting in the NCM has started delam, has the windshield on this 1 got any delam?

What kind of options?

What kind of Wheels?

I'm sure u know the 94 & 95 had the last/best interior upgrade, of course I'm very bias. :upthumbs

Keep us posted . . .

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

There are a lot of "it depends". Once you drive the car the $2k will seem trivial.

-What color?
-Mods?
-Tire condition?
-Interior condition?
-Paint condition?
-Engine coloration?
-Winshield delamination?
-Tops?
-Wheel condition?
-Documentation?

These are my concerns in buying a ZR-1. There are some deals out there for sure. 27k miles is perfect for a driver. Don't buy the car to sell. Once you get into it, things start to happen fast. The smile on your face passing 4000 rpms and the urge to get just a little more power out of it are just two. I put a B&B Triflo exhaust on my car for the sound. The first dyno with that as the only mod was 346 SAE rwhp. Headers, chip, relocated MAT, and a B&B x-pipe, it made 390.1 SAE rwhp (400.2 Std rwhp). The cars love the bolt-ons. If this car has some already, consider that in your final decision (not on the price but if the car is worth it). You will spend the money in two years anyway.
Ted

I appreciate everyone's replies.

I agree, the 2K is not enough to haggle about, nor insult anyone over. I am a corvette enthusiast, so I, above all people don't want to see prices fall. I am just looking for the best bang for my buck. I have found some 90's - 91's that could be bought for low to mid 20K. I just want to be sure that if anything happened, and I had to sell one of my car's, that I would be able to do so. Conversly, 20 years from now, I would like to have a valuable collection.

As far as the car goes:

Bone Stock.
Red/saddle. Not sure of the production #.
Flawless Interior and Exterior.
Tires less than a year worn.
No engine stains whatsoever.
Car has resided in the SouthEast.
No winshield delamination.
Full documentation.
1 Top.

The owner tells me that he wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere.

Again, I appreciate everyone's advice.

Based on what you say, I think thats a very fair price. I can't see that car going for much less then 30k if it is as stated. Good luck..

I think that I am going to make arrangements to fly down and see the car. If it is as advertised, I'm going to get it. Are there any concerns that I should look for?

The only thing holding me back right now is the financial commitment. My vehicles are currently all paid for. However, you only live once, and I have always wanted a ZR1. It seems like the longer I wait, the less likely it may be that I will ever own one.

With the market being somewhat down, do you think the time is now to buy one of these? Secondly, do you think that this ZR1 with under 30K miles will hold any type of value over the years. I just don't want to get into a bind, and have the option to sell it if I ever had to.

Thanks everyone.

it's a very solid deal. buy it!!! the zr1 is one of the most fantastic cars ever made, and the 93-95 are more rare so they command a bit of a premium.

look for oil leaks, check the stereo/antenna, the standard c4 stuff is often suspect, and maintenance records.

sure you can buy a z06 for similar $$$, but with a 94 you have one of 448, very nice color combo, and a very exotic/exclusive car.

if you decide to pass, let us know where!! that is a good buy @ 30k, I would jump on it.

Thanks for the reply 'rkreigh'

If it turns out as advertised, I am definitely going to get it.

If I don't, you'll be the first to know where it is.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom