Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking About A Rear Deck Spoiler?

It's crying for "curb feelers"!
Other than it looks pretty much complete to me.

Having a Vette in Alaska must cause such seperation anxiety in the winter that the owners feel they have to make it up to their car by buying them lots of after market goodies. :rotfl It's a good thing Remo doesn't live in Alaska or his car might look like that.;LOL

HUH?????????

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THATS NOT REMOS CAR?????? I COULD HAVE SWORN IT WAS...........................:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

You Bullies!!

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THATS NOT REMOS CAR?????? I COULD HAVE SWORN IT WAS...........................:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

I can't understand why you guys keep picking on me.;shrug You know what a sensitive guy I am.:L
Remo:cool

You guys have it all wrong. That Corvette pictured is NOT Remo's car, Remo has fuzzy dice hanging from his rear view mirror. ;LOL

What a Tragedy..................

Well if you are........ and you've considered Caravagggio, ACI and even Tigershark......
why not go all the way and install one of these beauties.

I think I just threw up in my mouth just a little !!!!! :(:boogie

DreamC5.jpg

The part I like is that the wing has its own secondary wing. Two or three more wings would really finish that baby off!

images

If I had to guess, I would say he has approximately 300 feet of that cheap ass self adhesive moulding from Auto Zone on that hideous machine. How much money do you think this cat has tied up in all of the C5 emblems alone ??? I count three (besides the original one on the back deck lid). I think they run about 70 bucks a piece,but I may be wrong.Also, I believe this guy wasted his money on the wing,all that moulding,and emblems should cause enough wind drag to keep his car steady at higher speeds !!!! Is that a ZO6 badge underneath the third brake light ????

If I had to guess, I would say he has approximately 300 feet of that cheap ass self adhesive moulding from Auto Zone on that hideous machine. How much money do you think this cat has tied up in all of the C5 emblems alone ??? I count three (besides the original one on the back deck lid). I think they run about 70 bucks a piece,but I may be wrong.Also, I believe this guy wasted his money on the wing,all that moulding,and emblems should cause enough wind drag to keep his car steady at higher speeds !!!! Is that a ZO6 badge underneath the third brake light ????

I believe it is a Z06 badge. Well spotted, Casey.

You know, after the thread we had that a Chevrolet executive wanted to put the Chevy Bowtie on the Corvette (and the massive negative response that got), I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more reaction to having two bowties on the back of this car.

And I'm still laughing at why someone would put one of the limo-style television antennas on top of the spoiler. What's the betting that if we could see inside, we'd find he has no TV in there.

-Patrick

I don't know Patric. I got a feeling one of these beauties is hot melt glued to the front dash!
attachment.php

Good spot on the TV antenna Patrick! I was so distracted by all of the other decorations I really didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Here's and idea: Start another thread and call it " The Rear Wing Disaster Fund" ,have an active paypal account linked to it.Everybody just put in a little money,locate this dude(via the license plate number).Find out how much he will take for this jewel.When we raise enough money,we can buy it from him.Then have a big party (preferably somewhere cold),light the car on fire and dance around it like wild men !! This car must be destroyed!! LOL!!!! :) HAHA!!!! Prior to the bonfire,maybe someone that lives on the west coast could take the wing off and use it for a giant surf board !!Of course they would have to remove the TV antenna prior to surfing !!!!
There is definitley a trend starting around here where I live,the C5 corvette emblem is becoming very popular.The problem is ,people are putting them on cars that are not Corvettes.In the parking lot at work I noticed a Camaro had two of them stuck on the pillars behind the driver and passenger windows,and another one I saw,was an Oldsmobile Delta 88 with C5 emblems stuck on each front fender. There should be some sort of law against that!!! At least the guy with the wing is being consistent and putting the emblems on a vette,he has a little too many of them on his car but at least it is a corvette!!!HA HA this is just too funny and pretty shocking too !!!

Good spot on the TV antenna Patrick! I was so distracted by all of the other decorations I really didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Here's and idea: Start another thread and call it " The Rear Wing Disaster Fund" ,have an active paypal account linked to it.Everybody just put in a little money,locate this dude(via the license plate number).Find out how much he will take for this jewel.When we raise enough money,we can buy it from him.Then have a big party (preferably somewhere cold),light the car on fire and dance around it like wild men !! This car must be destroyed!! LOL!!!! :) HAHA!!!!

No! No! Negatory!

Look, however defiled and defaced that Corvette is, it is still a Corvette, and one of the first rules of being a Corvette owner is that we do not "go cannibal" on other Corvettes. The poor car needs to be saved, not destroyed.

Here- give This Thread a read. What we have here is a Corvette owner who has lost all proportion of what the Coolness Quotient is all about. He cannot be saved, but his Corvette can.

Prior to the bonfire,maybe someone that lives on the west coast could take the wing off and use it for a giant surf board !!Of course they would have to remove the TV antenna prior to surfing !!!!

Now, this part I can agree with. Take the wing off and give it some kid to turn into a skateboard.

There is definitley a trend starting around here where I live,the C5 corvette emblem is becoming very popular.The problem is ,people are putting them on cars that are not Corvettes.In the parking lot at work I noticed a Camaro had two of them stuck on the pillars behind the driver and passenger windows,and another one I saw,was an Oldsmobile Delta 88 with C5 emblems stuck on each front fender. There should be some sort of law against that!!! At least the guy with the wing is being consistent and putting the emblems on a vette,he has a little too many of them on his car but at least it is a corvette!!!HA HA this is just too funny and pretty shocking too !!!

That's called Corvette Envy. Poor souls. You can't artificially create a Coolness Quotient rating.

-Patrick

one of the first rules of being a Corvette owner is that we do not "go cannibal" on other Corvettes.
-Patrick

We don't?

Ok ,Ok .....I read the thread you wrote,and now I am enlightened!! I see your point about not going "cannibal" on other vettes.I totally understand the whole cool quotient rating now.So,with that being said,maybe we should start some type of national Corvette Rescue Society,for cars like the one pictured above!! :) LOL !!! We could strip the car down and get it back to actually looking like a vette and not a christmas tree ornament,then find it a nice home.Well, maybe we could donate the wing to toys for tots,like you said it would make an awesome skateboard !!!HaHa!!

How in the world could he have overlooked upgrading his wheels? ...he must've run out of funds. At least the important stuff has been done. ;LOL

Ok ,Ok .....I read the thread you wrote,and now I am enlightened!! I see your point about not going "cannibal" on other vettes.I totally understand the whole cool quotient rating now.So,with that being said,maybe we should start some type of national Corvette Rescue Society,for cars like the one pictured above!! :) LOL !!! We could strip the car down and get it back to actually looking like a vette and not a christmas tree ornament,then find it a nice home.Well, maybe we could donate the wing to toys for tots,like you said it would make an awesome skateboard !!!HaHa!!

CRS: Corvette Rescue Society. :) Excellent suggestion! you're making real progress on that Coolness Quotient, Casey. CRS can be an organization to step in when Corvette owners cross the line into cheesy. I can see CRS removing cheap chrome implements, stickers, badges and outrageous spoilers, in an effort to save a Corvette being dragged down by an owner whose taste is all in his mouth.

-Patrick

Rims

How in the world could he have overlooked upgrading his wheels? ...he must've run out of funds. At least the important stuff has been done. ;LOL

The reason he probably hasn't upgraded his wheels, is because I am sure he is having difficulties with the stick on moulding adhereing to the rims! I would imagine it is hard to make those bends too !!! LMFAO !!!!:boogie:L:boogie:puke:crazy

Brian, This one is made by ACS and has a pretty low profile. If I was going to do a rear spoiler, this would be the one.

DSC01514.jpg

Remo,

Do you have a website address for ACS for ordering this spoiler?

Thanks.....Brian

View attachment 16202

Classified photo of the revised ZR1. Notice the sleek lines, the hot air extractor vent behind the front fender. It will be available only in primer gray as shown. The rear spoiler is standard equipment. Rear downforce is said to be phenomenal. The rear splitter has been moved and re-located on the sides of the vehicle. It is said that it aids in keeping the vehicle in a straight line at speeds above 50 mph. Specs for the new ZR1 have not been released but 0-60 times are reported to be slightly faster than a Yugo.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom