Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking of buying a C6 prior to or after the C7 is released?

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
If you are, then you should take some time to explore the CAC Tech Center: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

There's a tremendous amount of information available there to aid you in becoming an informed buyer. With the end of the year fast approaching and the release of the all-new C7 looming on the horizon, this is probably the best time to shop for the C6 you've been wanting.

In the Tech Center you'll find links to the Model Center - Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Model Center - the CAC Gallery - An online gallery of high quality Corvette photographs. - Corvette Gallery - Calculators, Tech Articles, etc.

Here are links to the 2011 and 2012 Model Centers:

Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C6 | 2011 Corvette Center

Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C6 | 2012 Corvette Center

Our only request is that you share photos on your new C6 with us. :)
:wJane Ann

If you are, then you should take some time to explore the CAC Tech Center: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

There's a tremendous amount of information available there to aid you in becoming an informed buyer. With the end of the year fast approaching and the release of the all-new C7 looming on the horizon, this is probably the best time to shop for the C6 you've been wanting.

In the Tech Center you'll find links to the Model Center - Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Model Center - the CAC Gallery - An online gallery of high quality Corvette photographs. - Corvette Gallery - Calculators, Tech Articles, etc.

Here are links to the 2011 and 2012 Model Centers:

Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C6 | 2011 Corvette Center

Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C6 | 2012 Corvette Center

Our only request is that you share photos on your new C6 with us. :)
:wJane Ann
You are absolutely correct. The deals on new C6's are at their best. Savings can be $11k to $$14k off MSRP. See my post on Show off your C6.

What Will Intro of C7 Do To Price of C6?

You are absolutely correct. The deals on new C6's are at their best. Savings can be $11k to $$14k off MSRP. See my post on Show off your C6.

I sold my C5, and am looking at the 2013 C6 427 convertible. One in black would be fine, thank you. It seems to be a great car, but GM wants a lot of money for it. Will the intro of the C7 drive the price of all C6s down, even special models? Will there be enough difference between the C6 & C7 to make buyers of C6s wish that they had waited?

I sold my C5, and am looking at the 2013 C6 427 convertible. One in black would be fine, thank you. It seems to be a great car, but GM wants a lot of money for it. Will the intro of the C7 drive the price of all C6s down, even special models? Will there be enough difference between the C6 & C7 to make buyers of C6s wish that they had waited?

Check out the prices of Corvettes at Coughlin Chevrolet in Pataskala, Ohio (http://www.coughlin-chevrolet.com/HomePage?referrer=www.chevrolet.com). Terry Goodin will save you $8K to $12K on a new Corvette. They currently have two black 427's in stock (84 Vets total). I have purchased 3 new Vets from them in the last year and a half. Unfortunately you may lose out on the $3k customer loyalty rebate since you sold your C5, unless you have another Vet in the garage. I personally think now is a great time to buy a new C6. Chevrolet needs to sell off the remainder of their current inventory and it is way past the end of Corvette season which should net you the best deals.

Last edited:
The deal I got was $15K off MSRP but $3K of that was from points accrued on my GM card.

I bought a 3LT that listed for $74.4K for $59.4K at MacMulkins. I thought it was a great deal and I can't wait for the nice weather!

The deal I got was $15K off MSRP but $3K of that was from points accrued on my GM card.

I bought a 3LT that listed for $74.4K for $59.4K at MacMulkins. I thought it was a great deal and I can't wait for the nice weather!

Congratulations on your new C6!!!

Pretty good deals right now on everything Chevy it looks like. To get the options and colors you desire, you may want to trip the trigger now before the supply gets too depleated......

David Stanley Chevy (formerly Mark Heitz) in Norman, OK is cutting some pretty good deals on C6s right now also.

I think you got a great deal at $12k off MSRP let alone $15k. I didn't think GM rewards were good for Corvette purchases. WOW! Enjoy!

Yes, Indeed! The C6 is the Champion for Me!

Congratulations on your new Corvette! I bought my 2013 in December. The 60th Anniversary badging is neat and appears in plenty of places, too! I prefer the C6 style over the C7. Too many edges for my liking. I didn't get a big price break, but I'm really happy with what I did - traded my 2007 Z51 in for a brand new 2013! This is the last time we can buy a new C6 Corvette!

Have fun!

The 60th Anniversary badging is neat and appears in plenty of places, too! I prefer the C6 style over the C7. Too many edges for my liking. This is the last time we can buy a new C6 Corvette!

Have fun!

Agreed, and thank you. I hope you get years of enjoyment out of your new C6 as well!

-JS

Congratulations on your new Corvette! I bought my 2013 in December. The 60th Anniversary badging is neat and appears in plenty of places, too! I prefer the C6 style over the C7. Too many edges for my liking. I didn't get a big price break, but I'm really happy with what I did - traded my 2007 Z51 in for a brand new 2013! This is the last time we can buy a new C6 Corvette!

Have fun!

And welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Lots of great information and people here.

But what is the smartest move?

No issue, the 2013s are great, especially (for me) the 427s. My question is whether it might be better - money wise - to wait till the 2014s hit the market to buy one. When the C6s went into the showrooms, the C5s - mine included - dropped drastically in value. Might the smarter thing be to wait till that happens with the C6s, and then buy the C6 you want - either new or used? Also, then you have the option of buying the C7 if you think it is as good as the magazine writers do.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom