Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

This is what I think a Callaway will do some day

Corvette
(2) Callaway's (2) ZR1 (1) supercharged 35th
Beautiful car but that price is waaaaaaay out of my league! Looks like someone might get a nice trailer queen. $207,000 and change when I looked.

Holy Dollar Signs, Bat Man!

And not even an L-88

That price is out of line for a L-71 - there were 3754 made.

Only my poor LT4 driving humble opinion; but the reserve of over $200,000 sounds absurd, at least here in 2005. Didn’t one of the TWO, truly documented ZL-1s sell in the $300,000 range?

Then again, if I had the money... I'd love to bid on something like that!

B17Crew
:w

B17Crew said:
Only my poor LT4 driving humble opinion; but the reserve of over $200,000 sounds absurd, at least here in 2005. Didn’t one of the TWO, truly documented ZL-1s sell in the $300,000 range?

Then again, if I had the money... I'd love to bid on something like that!

B17Crew

I thought 300k bought it in unrestored condition... I also heard rumors that Roger has turned down offers on that car for over 1 Million.

Vettelt193 said:
I thought 300k bought it in unrestored condition... I also heard rumors that Roger has turned down offers on that car for over 1 Million.

Damn ! That's better than a Real Estate deal:crazy

Vettelt193 said:

That is what I had read as well, it was in the 300K range as is. Bidding opened up at $500,000. The crowd openly jeered the auctioneer, :L the bidding was then brought down... someone wanted to sell that ZL-1 bad.

Offers of 1 million or more, if true that’s amazing! There are collectors out there that will pay anything to obtain their dream car(s).

More power to Roger for hanging onto it. He obviously appreciates the car, the ZL-1 is in good hands.

B17Crew

YEAH BABY!!!!! I'm with you. Someday our rides will bring fabulous money. I think in 20-30 years time they will bring more than this fine example of a tri-power Vette if kept in like condition.
:beer

So in relation to Callaway Corvettes, how do you see the future in 5, 10, even 20 years from now??

We have had some great things happening over the past few years - lots of activity, big shows, TONS of magazine articles about new products by Callaway and features on Owners and their cars :cool

Callaway Cars has also added a TT parts list to their catalog - that one item alone is priceless!!! Thanks Callaway Cars :m I have said before - if you support them, they will support the owners!

I think both B2K's and SNAT's will hold strong values - B2K's because of the rare GM / Callaway connection and heritage combined with the low production numbers and high power levels - that recipie has worked in the past :D

SNAT's too were low in production and some of those cars were quite the extreme in both performance and options - Just look at some of the SNAT's built over the years or take a walk down Callaway Row @ Carlisle - it is a sight to see!! :eek

I believe that the final depreciation for the C4's is really on the later model ones at this point - For the most part, when the C5 and then Z06 came out, it hit the C4 market across the board - now that the C6 is out, the C4's I think may be at their bottom (minus the earlier exception mentioned) and the new C6 Z06 will have little effect on the C4 standouts.

The C4's to watch in addition to the Callaway Corvettes I believe are the Corvette Challenge cars, most Grand Sports, and a few ZR1's.

The group listed above, holds strong at sales above $20,000 ++++ while virtually all the rest have dropped below ;shrug

So where do you see the value in a decade or two??? :v :m

Although the midyears are super fine cars, I know, I've had the pleasure of owning a few, and they definitely bring the muscle car appeal to the table. They lack abit compared to the C4. Keep in mind, that high performance is usually the key to the value of a sports car, the more high performance the more they are appreciated. then add Low production and rare options and you have the making of a genuine collectable. A Callaway brings all of this and much more to the table. Pretty much what started the era in the super high performance machine market we see still today.

I agree that these cars will highly appreciate in time. This was also stated by the guy who bought the Sledgehammer at last years Barrett-Jackson, and the reason he has been buying all the big ticket Callaways and rare exotics.

-Luigi
:cool

Can you elaborate on the SNAT's being "low in production and some of those cars were quite the extreme in both performance and options - Just look at some of the SNAT's built over the years or take a walk down Callaway Row @ Carlisle - it is a sight to see!!" ... Can't wait for those injector covers!

shopview said:
Can you elaborate on the SNAT's being "low in production and some of those cars were quite the extreme in both performance and options - Just look at some of the SNAT's built over the years or take a walk down Callaway Row @ Carlisle - it is a sight to see!!" ... Can't wait for those injector covers!

Shopview, about 100 cars were made, some had the rare AeroBody, others had COIL suspension, Brembo's or other exotic equipment - the extreme cars made had the Speedster style interior, custum hued to the owners taste :eek

Injector covers are one of the products on the way - I just discussed these on Monday :cool

Hope this helps - see you at Carlisle :m

So I guess I have one extreme version :D and one not so extreme:cry .....darn, I was hoping their was some majical package I didn't know about to get more HP from Callaway from these cars. My request have gone unanswered on the HP front...

BTW send me the info when you have it to order the injector covers!! Thanks and keep pushing for more options....we love options :upthumbs

shopview said:
...darn, I was hoping their was some majical package I didn't know about to get more HP from Callaway from these cars. My request have gone unanswered on the HP front...

Are you looking for more power out of the SNAT engine series??

A friend of mine was in talks w/ the Callaway crew about a SNAT 500 based upon the LT4 engine - is this for the 1996??

...in the meantime, here is one in the shop now getting the SuperNatural treatment :cool
attachment.php

Great glad he is having success, I've written and called many times looking for more power (one off or package) but no response :( Post the dyno chart when you can :) When mine was built with the LT4 the biggest package offered was the 450. Do you know the differences?

We are ready to buy the center exhaust this month , just waiting on some final details from Mike.

What's the story with the Ferrari logo under the hood?

Shopview, two different cars - the one pictured above is getting the SuperNatural engine to go w/ the AeroBody :cool

My friend went a different direction however, he was in heavy talks for awhile - Hope you can get the power levels you are looking for :upthumbs

Ferrari logo, no clue why its there ;shrug

Next time I'm there I will try again....if he suceeds in a getting the LT4 SNAT 500 created let me know.....for now I'm at SNAT 450 and going center exhaust for what I thought was the only option left......maybe new options on the way:_rock and I was getting worried for nothing

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom