Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Those with partitions...

Corvette
'02 Z06, EB/Black
I love my partition, but ever since I put it in, I get tired of the interior being so dark at night. As any of you who have one know, it covers up the light coming from the rear cargo area. I have been kicking around the idea of putting interior lights in the outside edges of it and tying them into the cargo area interior lights. I figured I'd use some sort of quick connect with them and hide the wires under the interior trim. That way they'd be easy to disconnect if I ever want to remove the partition.

My problem has been finding a light that will look nice. Has anyone else out there done this (or thought about it.) If so, where did you find the light? I've checked at the local auto parts stores, and don't see anything that will work. Any ideas?

I was thinking about putting the lights in the upper corners of the partition:

11020_2.jpg

I've thought about the same thing too, but would rather put something small on each side and mount them either on or into the side panels themselves instead of the partition panel.

What copany did u get the partition from? Your dyno #'s are hectic! U and talked once before. I'm about to buy a new Z-06 motor and drop it in my 04. I'll let u know how it turns out. Tankx

Sort of like this. Look to the top right of the driver seat, you'll see one of two light's. Makes a big diff cause I like to read my paper with my coffee at the local Tim Horton's. Got my 'custom tubbed' partition from ANDY's!

Frank
p1010010copy5no.jpg

Man, I love your interior!!! Could you take a little closer up shot of your light? I'd like to see how you mounted it.

Jetz,
Where did you get those sports seats? Those are beyond cool!
:cool

-Patrick

Patrick said:
Jetz,
Where did you get those sports seats? Those are beyond cool!
:cool

-Patrick

I have to agree with patrick on this one.

Z06 Tom said:
Man, I love your interior!!! Could you take a little closer up shot of your light? I'd like to see how you mounted it.

Thank's Tom, that's the only shot of the light I have. My car is at Caravaggio again, so when I go up this week, I'll see what I can do!:D

Frank

Tom, took this Sat. Would have to take seat out for better shot, since mine do not tilt, maybe next week!:D

Frank

Hey, guys...

I don't use a panel yet, but how does it block the light from the window?
It's just not possible?!
(and no light is coming from the trunk area?)

-Bill.:confused

smook said:
Hey, guys...

I don't use a panel yet, but how does it block the light from the window?
It's just not possible?!
(and no light is coming from the trunk area?)

-Bill.:confused

Bill, the partition blocks the light from the trunk area!
For night time iilumination!

Frank;LOL

Man Frank, that looks like it came from the factory that way.:upthumbs Where'd you get the lights?

Thanks for the close up pic by the way!

Tom, I think Caravaggio, sourced them from 'Canadian Tire', a Canada wide chain automotive/hardware store. They're preety cheap little lights, but as you said 'they look factory'! Worked out better than expected, and as I mentioned, I like to read the paper in the car. A black interior alway's needs more light!
:beer
Frank

JETZ said:
Tom, took this Sat. Would have to take seat out for better shot, since mine do not tilt, maybe next week!:D

Frank
That really looks good! I like it.

I just put a partition in my Z06 and I must say it is the best addition I have ever seen. Now I can talk on the cell phone or even hear the radio. Call me I have many of these partitions for sale.
Mike Carr
614-638-1356

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom