Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thoughts on Carisle?

G

gray85

Did anyone make it to Carisle, PA for the corvette show? I went on Sunday, loved all the displays and filled up my car with parts from the swap shop.

There's More......

There's been a few threads started on this year at Carlisle, one actually from Carlisle while we were there with pictures.

Just a little too warm for me, but it was great time. I picked up a lot of good deals while looking at some really nice Vettes. Next year I am going up earlier. @9:00am it was getting pretty busy on the main road. Took us about 30 minutes to get off the exit to the parking areas.

Flower

I got there Sunday at 9:AM. Turned out to be a great day weatherwise & everything else.
Only one negative all day, going home on RT 78 East, it took us about 1 hour to go 5 miles at one stretch. Narrowed down to 1 lane for roadwork.

We were in "Corvette Heaven" for a day.

Wayne88 said:
I got there Sunday at 9:AM. Turned out to be a great day weatherwise & everything else.
Only one negative all day, going home on RT 78 East, it took us about 1 hour to go 5 miles at one stretch. Narrowed down to 1 lane for roadwork.

yep, that must have been ugly. My wife drove home Saturday afternoon and warned me about that problem - construction, 1 lane. Fortunately I left Carlisle at 6:30 am and breezed right through. Getting in Saturday morning was a real pain. Took about an hour. The heat Saturday was a real problem also. Nowhere to get relief. I saw one overweight lady who looked to be in pretty bad shape: She was sitting in a C5 with the engine running and obviously had the A/C on.

we got some rain:

c21.JPG

but then our reward after the rain cleared.............

c23.JPG

We had to wait too on I-78

Wayne88 said:

My wife and also got stuck on I-78 around 7pm Sat. But had to wait over 1 1/2 Hrs. to get in Sat. morn. around 9:30. Waited to get into Gate 3 to find out we had to turm around and go to the next area to park for $5. Only certian were allowed to drive into the Gate area. Did you need a Reserved Sticker to be able to park inside the Fairgrounds ?

John Doe said:
but then our reward after the rain cleared.............

Man, that is a GREAT picture! Wish I could have made it this year. Next year...

Interesting you got rain. I was only about 45 miles away in Lancaster and while we had clouds there wasn't a drop of precip. Must have hung up on the "mountains" around Harrisburg.
[RICHR]

jdenn47 said:
My wife and also got stuck on I-78 around 7pm Sat. But had to wait over 1 1/2 Hrs. to get in Sat. morn. around 9:30. Waited to get into Gate 3 to find out we had to turm around and go to the next area to park for $5. Only certian were allowed to drive into the Gate area. Did you need a Reserved Sticker to be able to park inside the Fairgrounds ?
You should have been allowed inside if you were driving a Corvette. You did not need to be pre-registered.

Elaine

gray85 said:
Did anyone make it to Carisle, PA for the corvette show? I went on Sunday, loved all the displays and filled up my car with parts from the swap shop.
I went on Sunday. I left Philly around 5:00am. Got to Carlisle about 7:15. I parked inside about 5 rows back. The grounds really filled up as I was walking back to the car for a parts and lunch break drop. I think you have to get there really early. I didn't see that many vettes when I came off the turnpike. I asked my buddy if we were at the right show and date.
The show was great. Lots of parts and cars to look at. I brought my camera and never got the chance to use it. I thought it was really hot. Sunday , a lot of people leave early . It looks like the vendors start breaking down before lunch and the cars start to leave for home. It is the greatest show. If you can't find it here, it hasn't been made and you don't need it.My only regret is I can't go on Saturday. I hear that is the strongest day. If you haven't experienced Carlisle you don't know what heaven on earth is..........

More pics

I really loved the Greenwood dispay in one of the buildings, plus this nasty one we ran into while shopping!

WOW....that rainbow pic is AWESOME !!! My daughter and I were there Friday. Took us about 30 minutes to get into gate 3 coming off the PA turnpike. Had a blast just looking at the line of Corvettes in front and behind us. Not sure why,but I just had a smile from ear to ear being there with all you other vette owners. I guess there really is something special about being a Corvette owner. We're looking forward to next year already. :D

Yeah Buddy..........

The red one outside was NASTY, I have a couple shots of that from every year I've been there, BIG Ponies under that hood!

Still doesn't beat the 4x4 Vette with the nekkid lady on the hood that I saw the first year I was up there...
[RICHR]

They didn't let us in

GS Diva said:
You should have been allowed inside if you were driving a Corvette. You did not need to be pre-registered.

Elaine
Hi Elain,
Sorry we never got to get to see you and Alan there. We got there at Gate 3 at 10:30, after over 1 1/2 hr. wait and went around the big circle where they directed us. When we got to the entrance, the guard pointed us and other Vettes to turn left, back where we started from and we then parked in a lot right next to the entrance. We were told later that the lot was full and unless you had a parking pass, the Yellow sticker in the window, you couldn't park inside. Overall we enjoyed our first visit to the event. Got to ge a pass next time though.

jdenn47 said:
Hi Elain,
Sorry we never got to get to see you and Alan there. We got there at Gate 3 at 10:30, after over 1 1/2 hr. wait and went around the big circle where they directed us. When we got to the entrance, the guard pointed us and other Vettes to turn left, back where we started from and we then parked in a lot right next to the entrance. We were told later that the lot was full and unless you had a parking pass, the Yellow sticker in the window, you couldn't park inside. Overall we enjoyed our first visit to the event. Got to ge a pass next time though.
Ah, yes...Saturday is a real killer! Unless you're there early...and do I ever mean early...you're in for an enormous wait!!! Believe it or not, Alan and I were on the field that day at 5:40 a.m.:eek That's because we're very attached to the very same parking spot we have each year, and we wanted to be sure to get it! We did, by the way!:)

The yellow pass the guard ponted out to you is the 3-day pass that we bought in advance. Allows one Corvette and two people entry to the field for three days.

Elaine

Carlisle

GREAT show!!! I was a judge for the NCCC registered cars. What a TOUGH time it was to judge those!! Otherwise, a terrific show as always! Can't wait until next year. Stop by the NCCC show tent and say hi! Later!
:beer

The crowd back in 2000 was such that many / many cars were turned away because the grounds was full. Not sure if they had the stickers then. Cant recall years prior to Y2K.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom