Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Throttle body bushings

ed82

Corvette
1982 Silvergreen
I have an 82 crossfire that I need to have bushings installed in the throttle bodies. I have tried to contact DCS does anyone know if they are still in business or anyone else who does this service?

Having just read and re-read the excellent articles by Steve Simpson, ( the Cubestudio ) I followed his links and ordered a piloted end mill and some 3/8 x 1/2 x 1/2 oilite bushings. I will be rebuilding my own TB's! I called a local carb / TB shop and he wanted 125 per TB. That's just nuts, I just spent $60.00 total and have some cool new tools too! I won't have to wait on anyone either!:)

Having just read and re-read the excellent articles by Steve Simpson, ( the Cubestudio ) I followed his links and ordered a piloted end mill and some 3/8 x 1/2 x 1/2 oilite bushings. I will be rebuilding my own TB's! I called a local carb / TB shop and he wanted 125 per TB. That's just nuts, I just spent $60.00 total and have some cool new tools too! I won't have to wait on anyone either!:)

There is nothing quite like doing something yourself!

And knowing it was done correctly!

After rebushing your throttle bodies, be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

After you make your new bushings...
call them back and thank them for giving you the inspiration for doing them your self!!!!!!

Ed82...Welcome to CAC!!!!
hope you enjoy the forums!!!!

Update on my progress so far. I removed the TB's and disassembled, cleaned and replaced all of the seals, o rings and gaskets. I removed the plates and shafts. My shafts are .010 to .012 smaller than the actual bores in the throttle bodies. I ordered undersized bushings and a .373 dia reamer. My Shafts are right now at .369 -.370. That should give me the OEM clearance of .004. The factory bore was .375 and the shafts were .371. So by going undersized and reaming to the size I want I should be good to go! I also just bought another set of TB's on E bay as my back up set in case I screw up, or I will clean them up, rebuild them and re sell later. My brother in law has an 84, and we might need to do his also. Worse case is I have extra fuel injectors / linkage and IAC's still worth more than the $100 I paid for both with the linkage. Here are my TB's awaiting my bushings and tooling.....
82vettecrossfireandcamrebuild006.jpg
82vettecrossfireandcamrebuild007.jpg
82vettecrossfireandcamrebuild004.jpg

I recieved my end mill, reamer and bushings today, tomorrow the pilot shows up and I install the shaft bushings! Pictures to follow.....

FS: pilot drill and mill to do bushing work.

I have the drill and pilot mentioned on the cube studio instructions.
i'll take $35 for them.

Only used once. Ok! Actually 4 times.

Normally I would post in the for sale section, but since this is the thread on bushings I thought it might be ok.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom