Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thumbs up for The Hubcap & Wheel Store in Kansas City

tpiini

After polling the forum a few months back I received several recommendations on sources for restoring the wheels on my '86 Z-51. I happen to live an hour from Kansas City so I opted to take them to the Hubcap & Wheel Store which is located in K.C.,K.

Being cautious, I took only one wheel in at first. The P.O. had crashed into a freeway center median and scraped up this wheel pretty badly and also had knocked a chunk out of the bead. When I got the car, this wheel had been replaced and was in a box. I figured that if they could do a decent job of restoring this wheel, I'd take the others in.

They did an amazing job. I could not tell where the bead had been welded. The guy at the counter showed me, but I still couldn't see it. The finish was beautiful. I had four more wheels, one of which was fairly new do to its being replaced after the freeway crash. It looked downright crappy when compared to the one that was just restored.

The bottom line is that they charge $125.00 per wheel for the service unless you do all four. It was only $95.00 each since I was having four done! The one that needed to have the bead welded up ran me an extra $20.00 for that service.

I would not hesitate to recommend this shop to anyone looking to have a wheel, or set of wheels, repaired or restored. They're located just off of I-635 at Shawnee in Kansas City, Kansas and their phone number is (913) 432-0002.

And lastly, thanks to DWC for giving me the heads-up on the place.

Tom

Tom,

Good to hear of a quality wheel restoration shop. Do they have a web site? You should add them and your review to the "Portal". Just click on the tab at the top of this page and follow the instructions for adding a listing. If you have any problems let me know.

Tom

Hey Tom,

I went to the "Portal" section and found the area to add a "link." Being somewhat internet-illiterate, however, I wasn't sure what kind of information to put where. The name, address and phone number seemed pretty obvious though, I'm happy to say.

This place doesn't have a web site, so I'm not sure a "Link" is what I want to post.

Please have mercy on us techno-weenies who can't find our way around a computer very well. I think that the company is worth listing for other members to find, but am not sure about how exactly to do it.

Thanks, (other) tom.

There are some other businesses listed that don't have web site either. All I do is just fill in what I know. You can also add a review of your experience with the company.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom