Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time has come to sell my Vette :(

Hi MM -

Congrats!

I know you will miss the old war-horse - but I'll bet you have the new one screaming to help you ease the pain...

I can't wait to see some of your drags in the new car!!!

best regards -

mqqn

Vettefan87 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but with that listing of Mods Craig has he needs to take it to the track to get some numbers to back it up...Or maybe he's to scared ...:gap

Mic I thought you didn't want to go a blower on a C4? Is it just a really good deal or are you getting tired of the 87?

Hey bro, the only thing I am scared about is having no traction.

Mic, I thought there was a thread here not to long ago, and you were the biggest supporter of not putting a blower on a C4. Actually I found the reasons very interesting. What is different about this car, and is there something we can learn from it, if we want a blown C4 ourselves.

vetteboy86 said:
Hey bro, the only thing I am scared about is having no traction.

Mic, I thought there was a thread here not to long ago, and you were the biggest supporter of not putting a blower on a C4. Actually I found the reasons very interesting. What is different about this car, and is there something we can learn from it, if we want a blown C4 ourselves.

the LT blower setup and the L98 setup is 2 different setups. this one on the LT4 i'm buying the intercooler sits where the L98 air filter sits. the L98 setup sits under the front clip and steals air from the radiator making engine temps run hot.

it costs ALOT of money to FI a L98. hope you got over 8k to do it if you want too. for me at the time i wasn't going to do it but this car is already done.

I just find these thread Mic,

I know you're getting a nice deal out there, but I'm going to miss your quest for the 12s in the ole 87!

I don't come down here very often these days, mostly because I've been busy for the last 9 months taking care of my 389 that now it's alive! But fom time to time I like to read something from the good old friends like you.

Best wishes with your LT4, and I'll try to come around more often!

:w

vettered91 said:
I just find these thread Mic,

I know you're getting a nice deal out there, but I'm going to miss your quest for the 12s in the ole 87!

I don't come down here very often these days, mostly because I've been busy for the last 9 months taking care of my 389 that now it's alive! But fom time to time I like to read something from the good old friends like you.

Best wishes with your LT4, and I'll try to come around more often!

:w

George,

Glad to see your doing good! how is the new motor treating you? anymore speeding tickets?...hehe if i can't sell ole girl i'm gonna keep her and finish the 388 project and sell off the rest of the stuff i have. my 2 third gens and a few other parts and i can net around 7k and hopefully goto the bank and get a loan on the rest. then i'll have 2 bad ass vettes! :D owner of the LT4 is a really good friend of a friend of mine and he told me he is in no hurry to sell and will hold it for me until i am ready. i am gonna go back to the track later this fall and collect my 12 second slip as Sweet Sin stands. i would think with a fresh motor sitting on the stand and all the other parts i have would be a good selling point but only have had a few tire kickers asking questions. i know this isn't the perfect time of the year to sell either.

we shall see...

talk to you soon old friend :w :beer

Mad-Mic said:
George,

Glad to see your doing good! how is the new motor treating you? anymore speeding tickets?...hehe if i can't sell ole girl i'm gonna keep her and finish the 388 project and sell off the rest of the stuff i have. my 2 third gens and a few other parts and i can net around 7k and hopefully goto the bank and get a loan on the rest. then i'll have 2 bad ass vettes! :D owner of the LT4 is a really good friend of a friend of mine and he told me he is in no hurry to sell and will hold it for me until i am ready. i am gonna go back to the track later this fall and collect my 12 second slip as Sweet Sin stands. i would think with a fresh motor sitting on the stand and all the other parts i have would be a good selling point but only have had a few tire kickers asking questions. i know this isn't the perfect time of the year to sell either.

we shall see...

talk to you soon old friend :w :beer

Well... the new motor seems to pull like a mad bull! hehehe, i'm just waiting to run the first 500 miles with it, and then I'll take it to the Dyno to see what I have because I don't want to break something at the track! It was a 12.5 car before the strocker & other mods. Now I'm afraid my rear end is not going to last if I get some traction! ;shrug I still have something else to fix, my throttle blades open only 84% but I'll keep searching for an easy way to fix it.

I hope you can find a way to keep the 87 and get the LT4, that would be a happy ending!!! :D

Was it my fault?

Well Mic, I hope it wasn't that I gotcha at the recent All Corvette day. You know my car is way slower. I was just lucky. Now, there's no way I'm ever gonna beat you! :L

Rich96c4ce said:
Well Mic, I hope it wasn't that I gotcha at the recent All Corvette day. You know my car is way slower. I was just lucky. Now, there's no way I'm ever gonna beat you! :L

hey Rich if i'm gonna loose mind as well loose to a friend :w

oh and BTW you got lucky i was hard on the brakes and it was less than 2' i lost....hehe oh well car was running all over the place. 13.48 @ 92 mph i think it was go figure...lol

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom