Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time to brag about your lift

M

magoo

I've read every posting on the sight about lifts. Now I have only a short time to decide on which one to buy. I am interested in the four post type of 7000 lb. storage lift. I would like to hear some of you tell me what you have and how you like it. I'd especially like to hear from those of you with Pro Park 7000, and the Eagle 7000 lb. four post. All others welcome with any comments. As I said I've researched every old posting I could find so if you would rather not discuss it anymore I understand.
Thanks,

Mike

Guess no one likes their lift or I got bad breath?????

do not have a 4 post myself twin post . I also use mine for side work at home Steve

Two post lift 9000lbs.Use it for 2500hd pick up,Corvette,atv.Love my lift;makes car repair and maintance a lot more enjoyable but I keep buying more tools.:beer

I have a bend-pak mid-rise lift which works very good for the type of work I'll do on my cars. I was going to sell it and buy a four post just for the storage capabilities for two cars in the winter but you have to get a seperate lift that goes on a jacking tray to get the wheels up off the ramps. when I was in carlisle in aug a four post really caught my eye It's made by direct-lift,Greg smith equiptment co out of indiana had the display reasonable price Still up in the air what I'm going to do, but that's the one I would go with you don't have to bolt them down like two post and they come with casters if you want to move it

I have a Backyard Buddy. The last time I commented on this I was accused of being blinded by their advertising. The only thing I have to say is it's my head that it will come down on if it lets go.

Look at the latching mechanisms. The majority of the lifts I looked at latched on welded tabs in a C channel post. Backyard Buddy and at least one other uses full square tubing with a slot. This is along term investment, a couple extra bucks is spread out over a long time.

I don't know where you are in PA, but in the west we have a chain of resturants that have cars on lifts scattered through the dinning rooms. They all are Backyard Buddys.

Finally, because I was in western PA, I just drove over and picked up the lift at the factory and saved a few bucks. The other thought is that if you can buy at a show they are attending you will usually get a discount.

Good Luck............................Griz

Well you may have Bad breath.

I dont know

But as for a lift. I have a 4 post from eagle (I think)

Anyways 4 post lift was one of my best things I ever purchased with the exception of a motive bleeder.

As for my lift choice,if i had to do it all again I would have went with the backyard buddy.

At the time backyard buddy had a 6 week wait time plus the shipping,

Eagle (Ithink) was being shipped the tuesday after I ordered it at Carlilse

If your able to see them side by side or on the same show feild for sure the Backyard buddy is a better unit in my opion. No media hype just look at them and all the information is in front of you

I have a buddy going to Greg Smith in Delaware tomorrow. He will pick up one of the Direct Lift Pro Park 7's for me at the same time. The lift with casters, drip trays, and jack tray for $1695 total with no tax or delivery charge. I was just hoping someone here would have some experience with this type.

Thanks,

Mike

I bought a Pro Park 7000 last year at Indy GoodGuys after looking at several. I was influenced by cost and availability as I was able to pick it up and save delivery. I like it and have had no problems at all except the desire to add a new high bay on to the garage. The install was easy with a couple of buddies needed just a few minutes for the heavy lifting. The lift is sturdy and the castors make it moveable. I had reviewed others over the 'net but only physically compared it to the Rotary version which was double the price.

I have the Bend Pak I bought it because of the 9000 lb capacity. It works great for me.

Thanks guys for responding. Snydley55 that is just the kind of info I was looking for. It sounds like you feel safe working under yours. Are you comfortable leaving a car stored up on it for an entire winter? I'm not planning to go into the repair business, sometimes it probably won't move for weeks at a time. Can anyone else help me out with some input.

Thanks,

Mike

Bend Pak here. I love it. Now I am look for a 2 post for the newer C6.

Magoo,
I too have been searching out all the different threads and forums on lifts..
All the lifts that cost under $1800.00 probobly are imported from China.I personally have narrowed it down to 3 choices:
Backyard buddy at $4300
Cytec Double Park $3400
Revolution"Rotary" $3400
All 3 are American made which is important to me...
Probobly going to go w/ the BYB.. although JohnZ likes the DoublePark and I really respect his opinion..
Let us know what you think. Jim

I have a buddy going to Greg Smith in Delaware tomorrow. He will pick up one of the Direct Lift Pro Park 7's for me at the same time. The lift with casters, drip trays, and jack tray for $1695 total with no tax or delivery charge. I was just hoping someone here would have some experience with this type.

Thanks,

Mike
That's the one I got, out of Greg Smith Indianapolis. Great for what I use it for. Comparable to many others I've looked into. Just for added piece of mind I added the 2 struts at each post. Also notice the mirror mounted in front, angled and placed so I can see the tires as I drive onto the lift. Mike
lifttt.jpg

Oh, I've had it for 2 years now with NO problems. Use common sense when raising it and be sure of the safety latches catching, push the locking lever manually as you let it back down to the stops. I inspect it frequently, yesterday oiled the pulleys and greased the rub blocks inside the posts and tightened up two of the four cables. Operates smooth as silk! Mike

Thanks guys for responding. Snydley55 that is just the kind of info I was looking for. It sounds like you feel safe working under yours. Are you comfortable leaving a car stored up on it for an entire winter? I'm not planning to go into the repair business, sometimes it probably won't move for weeks at a time. Can anyone else help me out with some input.

Thanks,

Mike

Me I have no fear of having the car up in the air for storage or working under the car, once the unit is setting on its saftey locks. the only thing that will make the car/lift come down is if someone knocks a leg out and then you have problems.

The up and down part is whats dangerous. If the lift table does not go up or come down level and goes off balance. Meaning 4 legs are supposed to suport weight evenly and a lock holds one courner up. now its not loaded proper and you have a scary and dangerous situation.

Good luck with it

the worst part of owning a lift was the first time I had to park under my 66 and I realized how much work the bottom of the car actually needed

You know the old saying out of site out of mind

Thanks,

Mike

I park the vette on it normally up at least to the first locks so yes when parked I keep it on the lift. If my garage allowed for it, I would run it all the way up and leave my daily driver under it without concern. The safety locks on this one are sturdy. Don't tell the better half but I have been known to catch a few zzzz's under there when I am supposed to be hard at work.

So if I may ask a question, I was planning to get a 2 post lift so I can work on the suspension up in the air. I realize its not good to store a car up on a 2 post lift, but is the only benifit of having a four post lift that you can store it up and prk another under it? I would consider a four post if there was a way to work on the suspension.

with a four post do you need to lift the car on jackstands on the lift to work on suspension?

Has anyone ever built a platform to mount to a 2 post lift to make it able to support a car on its wheels?

Tom

So if I may ask a question, I was planning to get a 2 post lift so I can work on the suspension up in the air. I realize its not good to store a car up on a 2 post lift, but is the only benifit of having a four post lift that you can store it up and prk another under it? I would consider a four post if there was a way to work on the suspension.

with a four post do you need to lift the car on jackstands on the lift to work on suspension?

Has anyone ever built a platform to mount to a 2 post lift to make it able to support a car on its wheels?

Tom

I think you are looking at it backwards. What you should have said is the only benefit to a two post lift is working on suspension. In all other cases a four post is superior. Even the suspension thing can be overcome on a four post, but I would not store a car on at two post no matter what alterations you made.

As far as clearance goes, I pulled the exhaust out in one piece by my self on my C4 and I can't think of one thing that would be more unwieldly that you might do. I didn't find the four post in the way at all and in fact I used some 2x4's on the treads to support the exhaust as I was letting it down.

........................Griz

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom