Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire advise-red or black on yellow Coupe??

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
I am in the last stages of restoring a 67 Sunfire Yellow Coupe. I think Red-lined tires would look really nice with the yellow car. Also, I see many using 215/70 and 205/75 tires, I think the 215/70 would have a bolder look.. Any advise would be greatly appreciated... Pictures too. Kurt

Redlines look great on a Sunfire yellow car. 215/70's are as large as you can go without risking fender damage, and you still need to be careful at full lock (like a driveway entry). 205/75's are risk-free, and the Diamondback 205/75's (Firestone "Supreme Si" casings) put over an inch more tread on the ground than the Cokers do, and don't look "skinny". I have Diamondback 205/75 redlines on my '67.

DBRedline.JPG

:beer

Gotta agree,
with JohnZ

when it comes to sunfire yellow, red looks great.

Red is it... Diamondback seems to be the choice of most. Looks like I have to choose the size and III, SE or 500. I wonder what the real difference is?? Thanks guys for the feedback.. Kurt

Kurt,

I agree with the redlines. Just for a visual check of goldlines on a yellow midyear, the latest issue of Corvette Enthusiast as a great picture of a Goldwood yellow 65 wearing goldlines on knockoffs. Gotta admit, they look really good too.

Dennis, Great looking car.. Thanks for the pictures. Reds sure look nice on yellow.. Kurt

Dennis, What size are they? Which Diamondback did you go with?? Kurt

I bought 215-70-15 firehawks, they were $162 each, I purchased them in april at the charlotte autofair. Only put about 15 miles on them before I sold the car, but they balanced, rode and drove well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom