Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Preferences

ICOMP

Corvette
2007 Black Z51 Coupe and 2004 Magnetic Red Coupe
It's time for the third set of tires for my '04 coupe. I replaced the factory Goodyear Eagles five years ago with Goodyear GS-D3's on Hib Halverson's advising. Loved them and got tremendous mileage. Apparently they are no longer available or I would buy another set. So now the question is what's best now? I see a lot of reference to Michelin Pilots, and I've heard Pirelli makes a decent tire. Obviously, I want the same performance that came on the car, just don't know if the Goodyear's are the best way to go now. Help!

Michelin's newest tire is the Pilot Super Sport - they are OEM on the C7 and I have a set on my CTS V. Love them.

If the PSS is not in C5 sizes, the PS2 is a good choice. If you use your Vette in all weather conditions, the PS All Season is a good tire but you give up a little in ultimate dry/summer traction.

I like the Goodyear D3 also but they don't seem to make them in the right sizes anymore - or at least, they don't sell them here in the states.

I have the Michelin Pilot Sports AS ZP. I feel the need for the runflat tire where I live. I like the feel and the mileage so far of the Michelins.

I agree with Tom. I've had the Michelins on 2 C5s, and I'd buy them again.

Michelin's newest tire is the Pilot Super Sport - they are OEM on the C7 and I have a set on my CTS V. Love them.

If the PSS is not in C5 sizes, the PS2 is a good choice. If you use your Vette in all weather conditions, the PS All Season is a good tire but you give up a little in ultimate dry/summer traction.

I like the Goodyear D3 also but they don't seem to make them in the right sizes anymore - or at least, they don't sell them here in the states.

Thanks! I will check into the PSS Michelin's.

I have the Michelin Pilot Sports AS ZP. I feel the need for the runflat tire where I live. I like the feel and the mileage so far of the Michelins.
Smart choice ,excellent cold weather compound .great traction in 2 feet of snow over ice :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom