Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Pressure Gauge????

C

C5-Texan

Since the pressure is the best way to keep life in those expensive tires...any recommendations on a good accurate tire pressure gauge that I can view and purchase via the internet?

Thanks in advance for input.

I was given a nice digital unit from Radio Shack for Father's Day. It seems to work great and was only 20 bucks.

Not sure if this will help or not: I have 2 different gauges, one is actually part of a 5-in-one unit (air compressor, detachable lamp, voltage converter, jumper cables, etc.) and the other is a small, hand-held digital gauge that I purchased through Mid-America (or a like store) and keep handy in my center console.

The gauge in the 5-in-one unit is nice, but the unit itself is heavy/bulky and not something that you'd want to carry around in your car all the time. I pack mine if I'm planning an extended road trip where I think it may come in handy "just in case".

The digital hand-held guage is light weight and convenient. As long as you seat it on the stem correctly, I have found it to be just as accurate as the "regular" type gauges.

maybe a stupid question but

what is the matter with the onboard tire pressure gauges?

The Radio Shack ones work pretty good. They are quick, accurate, and nice and compact. The DIC isn't very convenient when you are making small inflation adjustments.
Scott

Thanks for the input. I ordered an Accurite digital off the internet for $34 with shipping. I may stop by Radio Shack and get the $20 one to keep in the car.

To answer the question on why I don't use the On Board read outs...I'm too lazy to walk back and forth checking the read outs, and if I asked my wife to help me...she would drive away in the car for a quick joyride...hehehe

:_rock

C5-Texan: I also have a 02 Vette. I am confused by your comments about being too lazy to walk.... All you need to do is sit in the drivers seat and push the gauges button on the DIC until you get to the tire pressure readings. The first readings are front and the second readings are rear pressures. What could be easier. You do not need anyones help!!

No need to walk around if all the pressures are on 30psi, but if I have to add to take out air, then that would require a few trips around the car. Maybe we should get Chevy to add air hose outlets in the cockpit....hummmmm

:Roll

You are exactly correct. I wasn't thinking of adding or letting out air :bash :bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom