Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Pressure Monitor Refurbmishment

SleekStreak

Corvette
1999 Pewter Roadster
Has anyone tried or have other feedback about the tire pressure refurbishment info that is being sold here Need new Tire Pressure Sensors? Refurbish Yours Today! and other places?

As I come closer to replacing my tires, I'm beginning to think about these sensors and what maintenance is/may be required (besides replacing the batteries and recalibrating them) when new rubber is mounted. Any experience you are willing to share is welcome. Thanks!

Has anyone tried or have other feedback about the tire pressure refurbishment info that is being sold here Need new Tire Pressure Sensors? Refurbish Yours Today! and other places?

As I come closer to replacing my tires, I'm beginning to think about these sensors and what maintenance is/may be required (besides replacing the batteries and recalibrating them) when new rubber is mounted. Any experience you are willing to share is welcome. Thanks!

I have a 1999 C5 and I replaced the batteries in my TPMS's last summer. One sensor was not reading at the time and the other three seemed to be OK. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined and can use common tools, I would recommend searching the Internet for information on how to do it yourself. I bought the exact same batteries, at BatteriesPlus, for a few dollars each. I can't find the link I used when I replaced mine, but it is out there.

The OE sensor has a "potting" compound that can easily be dug out with a small flathead screw driver (be careful). After you get down to the battery and the contacts, unsolder the OE battery carefully. When you buy the new batteries at BatteriePlus, have "tabs" spot welded onto the new batteries in the exact same place as the OE batteries.

Solder the new batteries into place and use "windshield" flowable silicon to re-pot the sensors. Let them dry overnight and you are all set. Mine have been working great since the battery retro-fit.

CG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom