Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire pressure

stevolwevol

Corvette
1977 light blue
I have noticed for a while the owners manual (77 Vette) calls for 20 lbs of pressure in the front, and 25 lbs in the back. This just doesn't seem right. It seems under inflated. Input would be helpful.

On a stock OEM tire size or close to it I would not go below 28 psi cold.

On a stock OEM tire size or close to it I would not go below 28 psi cold.

The recommended pressure for an '81 is 35psi front and rear.
some people prefer lower but very few like them as low as the OP's manual recommends regardless of what year they have.

The recommended pressure for an '81 is 35psi front and rear.
some people prefer lower but very few like them as low as the OP's manual recommends regardless of what year they have.

Sorry I'm late to answer this post, it went to my spam for some reason. So If they recommend 35 psi in 81, was it because of radial tires? Why would it be so drastically different otherwise?

Sorry I'm late to answer this post, it went to my spam for some reason. So If they recommend 35 psi in 81, was it because of radial tires? Why would it be so drastically different otherwise?

Yes the change to radial tires required a higher pressure.
It seems when radials were first fitted they recommended a lower pressure but this only lasted a few years.

I put 35 psi in each tire. Looks good, rides great, handles great with no harshness = right thing to do.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom