Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Question (C-2)

Mikado463

Corvette
2012 GS
I've posted this elsewhere with no luck…………. does anyone know if a 235/60-15 mounted on factory rally wheels will fit on a '67 ?

I've posted this elsewhere with no luck…………. does anyone know if a 235/60-15 mounted on factory rally wheels will fit on a '67 ?

Why take the risk of "experimenting" with a combination that's "on the ragged edge" and can result in fiberglass and paint damage? Stick with a known successful combination (205/75-15 or 215/70-15) on factory wheels, and don't worry about it. :thumb

:beer

John,

I've seen and driven 225/70-15 that work without an issue, I like the sixty series profile, thus the question.

John,

I've seen and driven 225/70-15 that work without an issue, I like the sixty series profile, thus the question.

I do too, but folks forget that the midyear body and chassis was designed in 1960
around 6.70-15 tires on 5-1/2" rims, and it's extremely unfriendly to wider rims and fatter tires. Tire rubs on steel cars just make ugly noises - on fiberglass cars, tire rubs make VERY expen$ive noises. It's your car - do as you like. :eyerole

I run 235/60-15's on the rear of my '66 and have never had a problem.

My suspension is a little stiffer than stock but not a lot.

My fenders have not been trimmed and I don't have any rub marks.

I run 235/60-15's on the rear of my '66 and have never had a problem.

My suspension is a little stiffer than stock but not a lot.

My fenders have not been trimmed and I don't have any rub marks.

Thanks for the feedback !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom