Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tire questions

jhkayakr

Corvette
2001 Millenium Yellow C5 Coupe
Just my luck, ran over a nail and a front rt tire went flat. I have the original tires, p245/45zr17 Eagle F1 's on the front. Why is it so hard to match this tire number with what's available? Is a p245 Eagle NCT5 EMT the same thing? I found these at "Treadquarters" It says these are the original equiptment tires. Or do I have to breakdown and go to the dealer and pay there prices. I cant seem to find the exact tire thats on the car now. Does everyone replace two tires when one goes flat?
How difficult is it to get the pressure sensors working after replacing the tires?
2001 Corvette Coupe, 21000 miles.
Thanks all!!...........jeff

from what I'm told, you can't patch run-flats. Manufacturer doesn't recommend it. Anyone else hear this?

GoodYear you can, others I'm not sure about. There's LOTS of info on the CAC about run flats, do an advanced search for 'patch'.

EMT tire patch

Picked up a screw in my right front tire at Carlisle last year. Drove 15 miles to a Goodyear store...2 hours and $44 later, I was on my way to the closest Chevy dealer to get the sensors retrained...not a bad deal!

Dave said:
Picked up a screw in my right front tire at Carlisle last year. Drove 15 miles to a Goodyear store...2 hours and $44 later, I was on my way to the closest Chevy dealer to get the sensors retrained...not a bad deal!
Was recently traveling on interstate 70 entering Dayton, Ohio and heard a loud bang under the car, continued on about five miles and got the dreaded message "left rear tire flat" I continued on for about twenty miles and stopped to inspect the damage. The minute I stopped the tire went completely flat. Called Triple A and they towed me to the nearest Dayton Cheverolet dealer where they informed me that Run Flat tires cannot be repaired and there is no prorated warranty from Goodyear on Run Flat tires. Being on vacation and 500 miles from home I was forced to take the word of the Dayton dealer and get back on the road. I have not checked with my local dealer on either needing to replace the tire [only 8000 miles] or Goodyear offering no warranty on Run Flat tire. My replacement cost was $520.10 and an overnight wait for the tire to be delivered to the dealer, I felt like I might have been ripped off but what can you do when out of town.

I have Michelin Pilot Sport ZPs on my car. Picked up a nail a while back and it was repaired by the Michelin dealer in town. Cost all of $26.

Keep in mind---a repaired tire has a lower speed rating than an undamaged tire.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom