Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire size

Nobody Cares

Corvette
red 81, orange 74 vert. , 80 claret,69 chevy pu
.Anyone running 255/60r/15 on there 81 vette?? Thinking about taking the 70r/15 off my 81 and putting them on my 74 vert, and putting the 60 series on the 81. What do ya think ?? if so does anyone have any pix of the 60 series on there 81 ? Thnx Dave :w
ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVE-2.jpg

:beer

I do. They rub when I crank the wheel all the way (pulling into the garage) The car wanders a bit too, not sure if it's tire related or not. Other than that, they look good!

Craig

Craig, Thnx for the response. Looks like i might have to rethink this. Don't think i like the idea of the tires rubbing. Thnx again. Dave :beer :bar

Dave I'm running 225/60r/15's on my '81...
no problems that I'm aware of.....:beer

:w Dave,

Our '81 came with 2 options for tires, but both sizes will fit your aluminum wheels, they will also fit the Rally Style wheels ;)

RPO ~ QGR = 225/70/15
RPO ~ QXH = 255/60/15
RPO ~ N90 = Aluminum Wheels

Rare came with RPO ~ N90 and 225/70/15 but were changed at the original dealership to the GoodYear 255/60/15 ;) They were still on the car when I bought her, I saved them for a few years then took them down to the GoodYear dealership and paid $4.00 per tire to have them take them off my hands :eek I went back with 255/60/15 and I have no rubbing or wandering issues.

The 255/60's should fit your car like they belong ;) :Steer

Bud

Thnx for all the input guys. Big help. Thats what i had priced this morning was the B.F. Goodrich Radial TA's. Starting to swing towards the 255/60R/15 . I think they
would look good on the Red Ryder. Dave:w
ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVETTE.jpg

:Twist

I too have the BF Goodrich 255/60/15 combo and I have no rubbing. If there was rub while turning the front wheels, I would think that the front suspension might be worn. I put in new touring coil springs along with Bilstein shocks. There is plenty of clearance with that combonation.

Also 255/60/15 all round. No problems here. Gonna change from the BF's to Dunlops. Hope to have better grip in the rain with the Dunlops and the profile print looks more decent then the off road print the BF has.

Groeten Peter.

255/60/15 here as well. Ordered like that from the factory. I recommend the Goodyear Eagle GT IIs.

-Tatortot

Have to say i do like the goodyear eagle 2"s. I have them on the 74 vert. Thnx for the input. Dave :w

I upgraded the original 255/60/15s that were on my 81 to the same size in a set of 4 Firestone firehawk Indy specials.

Friend of mine manages a local Firestone store,and he has them on his 80.
Look good,no rubbing,and they handle and ride great.

Later Ken

Thnx Ken. Thats what i have on the car now is the Firestone Firehawks. Just thought the 255/60's would look a little better. Dave :w

Hi Dave, here is a better photo of the 255/60/15's

Later.Ken

Here are my BF's...enjoy!
LSVettewithLouvers.jpg

RFSVetteForumPic3.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom