Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire & Wheel order of cleaning

R

RaZr

I've ordered the right cleaners and brushes, but wonder in what order I should separately clean the wheels and tires. I'm assuming that I should do things in the following order: (1) Scrub the tires with a product such as NXT Gen. Tire Cleaner, then rinse off. (2) Clean the alloy wheels with a product such as Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner, then rinse off. (3) Put tire dressing on the tires. (4) Put wax on the wheels.
Any thoughts?

when I go to detail my vette or my P/U,the 1st thing I clean are the tires and wheels...I spray them with simple green and scrub them with a stiff brush and the come out looking GREAT!!!!!!:upthumbs
then I continue with the rest of the vehicle....
good luck!!!!!

I do the tires and wheels first, but with a different bucket than the rest of the car--

Depending on how much time i have, during summer before shows i take tires off car and clean the inside of the rim as well as the outside- I use a stiff brush on the tire to remove old dressing and then i use plain old armor all on the tires, i dont like high shine tires just a nice matte that AA brings out.

Always been in a funk about what to use on my 05's polished rims- I use Dawn to wash em, but how to protect? Arent you just polishing a clear coat?

Nonetheless i use meguires meatl polish, i put it on with a piece of foam so it dosent get everyehere, and remove it with damp Micro fiber to contain dust then dry to buff.

While the rims are off i usually scotch brite the suspension pieces and then spray them with wd40. Then i just AA the wheel wells. Sure it gonna all pick up dirt but that what happens when you drive em.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom