Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire & Wheel Questions

For 2K? Cray or TSW's? Chrome? 18's & 19's? New TPMS? Will Sam ship?
BTW, the tire sizes that you mentioned are unavailable in my neck of the woods - they suggest Bridgestone Potenzas that are almost $1750 alone.

Last edited:
245/45/17.......245/40/18 Michelin, Pilot Sport, A/S Plus, ZP (Run Flats) $1,370, installed, out the door. Getting a set in May when I pull it out of storage.

Check Tire Rack there prices seem to be better, plus they have a $70 rebate. I'm paying $1,174 before the rebate for the larger sizes.:)

Thanks, PaulV. I did check Tire Rack and shipped with rebate my cost is going to be about $1,051. That's about $320 less than the local dealer and about $600 less than the place where I'm buying my wheels. Great information on this site everytime I check it.

Chick B.

calculator

If you dial up, (it won't accept what I typed so) .... w w w. miata. net. .... it will bring up a calculator so if you plug in the stock tire size and then the proposed size it will show a graphic depiction of the tires superimposed as well as an error chart for % or error and how far off the speedometer will be.

TPMS Issue

Thanks all for all your feedback on this, but, I need your Help again. I have yet to have my wheels & tires installed on my Vert. Here is my issue with my Cray Hawk wheels and the TPM's:

The TPM on the Hawk's are installed at the rear area of the wheel through and additional hole in the rim. When I installed the OEM TPM the valve stem sticks-out facing the suspension(Fronts only). When the wheel is at full right turn the stem almost touches the tie-rod end. So, I am looking for another style TPM that has a removable stem which can be exchanged for a Valveless Adapter Kit designed for this type of application. :ugh

I'm sure this issue has come-up before??? I hope someone on the Forum has the answer????

Thanks,

PaulV

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom