Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tirepressure?

I've got 285/40/17 out back and I run 35psi.My frount is 255/45/17 and I run 32psi :beer

I usually run 32.

High Pressure

My Goodyear GSCs are rated for a max pressure of 45 PSI. I run them at 42.:cool

The door decal on my ex-92 and my ex-96 with 275/40/17 tires said 30psi cold. This is what I used.

Tuna said:
The door decal on my ex-92 and my ex-96 with 275/40/17 tires said 30psi cold. This is what I used.

always use what the door sticker says..... unless your at the track...

tire pressure

Now when volume351 mention it, what would be a good tirepressure when autocrossing? Dragracing?

Regards

//Tobias

I have 275's in the front, 285's in the rear. I run 32psi all the way around.

milehigreg said:
My Goodyear GSCs are rated for a max pressure of 45 PSI. I run them at 42.:cool

thats why when you hit a bump it feels like your teeth are rattling out of your head...lol

i run 30 psi

drag racing i run 18-20 in the rears.

on the street, I run 30. At the track (road course), I start at 35, then adjust based on how it feels.

Barry

Doktor-t said:
Now when volume351 mention it, what would be a good tirepressure when autocrossing? Dragracing?

Regards

//Tobias

i have a buddy with a 3gen turbo supra in the high 11...anywho... we always run 18 psi... i dont know about a road race

Door posted pressures are set for a smoother ride. If you run long distance highspeeds or with a heavy load, they should be increased.

I prefer to max out my tire life mileage; therefore run a few psi under max sidewall, on all my cars. I got 30-35k on my Gatorbacks, which few Vette drivers saw.

(I don't have any fillings.) :)

30 psi makes my tires wear in the center

Both 275s and 315s wear more in the center for me at 30 psi. I am using 27 front and rear now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom