Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tires,.....Again..........

Tomray

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport Coupe
So................

I own a 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe........

After much research on pricing, availability, reliability, ride quality, overall performance, tire life,......and so on................

I'm now thinking of ditching my GY F1's (@ 10K miles) run flats for conventional tires...........not sure what/which brand yet, Bridgestones?, Coopers?, Michelins?, Continentals ?..................other brands???

Anyone have any personal experience with a Corvette GS (with no spare,) and conventional tires?...........

I did buy a compact all metal air compressor, that I'll carry in the rear cubby, maybe a plug kit too?....................

Is this a rational decision to go to conventionals ?........What can you tell me ??

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
I too have a 2010 GS, I changed out my GoodYears for Michelins at 11000 miles due to wear and ride quality. I went with the Super Sports in NON- runflat... the ride, silence, and traction are WORLDS better; also got rid of the negative camber in the front suspention to improve wear. I carry the Continental tire inflator kit supplied by Tirerack. :thumb

I take several trips in our coupe every year and I stay with runflats. The thought of trying to plug a tire by the side of the road has no appeal to me. I now have Firestone Firehawks and they are worlds better than the Good Years.

Like jrose, I have the Firestone run flats. Out where I live, it's a looooong way between anywhere that can come and get me if I have a flat. And I don't cherish the idea of having to crawl around on the ground to plug a tire. I know that I am, more than likely, in a minority, but I'll stick with the run flats. Good luck with what ever you decide, and I hope you never have a flat tire, so it becomes a non-issue. :w

I'm on the run-flat side and my tire of choice is the Michelin Super Sport ZP.
My Vette goes on road trips and while I have a plugging kit and compressor, I prefer to plug them at the place of my choosing and not right where the flat occurs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom