Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TNT don't hurt 'em....thinking about a wing!!!

TNT don't hurt em...thinking about adding a wing!!!

• Total voters
My general advice in all cases: If you bought a vette with wings, ground effects, etc already installed and got it because you liked it that way, that's one thing......but if you're thinking of adding any of this stuff on after the fact, then you are making a big mistake because you're trashing the fine lines created by the General, if you have $$ to burn it makes a ton of more sense to do performance mods.

My general advice in all cases: If you already bought a vette with this stuff on it because you liked it, thats one thing.......If you're considering a grand ruination of the General's great work of art, don't do it and instead spend the $$ (thats obviously burning a big hole in your pocket) by doing performance mods. Wings and other junk doesn't put smiles on you, the thing thats revving under the hood will.

My '95 'vert had an Aero Wing on it when I got it, not that it looks that bad, but if I could I'd trade it in a minute for a luggage rack to make it look more "roadsterish". Just too much drillin' and fillin' to think about it now. Maybe later when a repaint is necessary.
Just my .02, I too like the original smoothness of the rear end.

Pete

I say go for the wing if you need it for performance, the vette has nice clean lines why change them? but it is your car do what you like.........

It's like a Tattoo. Be 100% sure you can live with!

I like that particular one, but only with the full ground effects kit. :)

g4Rkitsilverrightrear.jpg
I say: no wing....
You put a wing on ANY street-driven car, it BETTER be a bad-ass ride, or else it'll be just 'rice'...

A buddy had an '82 Monte Carlo that ran 10-flat/131+ MPH. Other than a multi-colored paint scheme & 33" x 15" slicks, it look VERY much like a street-racer...UNTIL he put a Pro Stock-style aluminum wing, laying-off the deck lid.
I thought even IT looked 'ricey' after that...

Make your Vette fast, and whoop-ass on the ones that LOOK like they're fast!
Let 'em explain to their girl-friends & buddies how they LOST to a 'stock' C4...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom