Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TO DRESS OR NOT TO DRESS ????

As the saying goes: beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Or if one is concerned with surfaces that visually "fit" together as a unified whole, one might observe that the add-on lower parts are indeed added on, right down to the radius on the side of the air dam that does a whoopee (unplanned change of radius caused most likely by hand done pattern work from a "napkin sketch" versus professional design work now mostly done on specialized CAID software) about halfway towards the wheel opening leading edge. The taughtness of the add-on surfaces is very different from the full, beautifully blended surfaces of the C5's body. Incidentally, compare the flowing fillet radius around the perimeter of the sculpted indent versus the one (ones...) on the edge of the add-on parts: no concinnity.

IMO these parts would visually "fit" better on the planar surfaces of the Chevy Cobalt. DFO:W

As the saying goes: beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Or if one is concerned with surfaces that visually "fit" together as a unified whole, one might observe that the add-on lower parts are indeed added on, right down to the radius on the side of the air dam that does a whoopee (unplanned change of radius caused most likely by hand done pattern work from a "napkin sketch" versus professional design work now mostly done on specialized CAID software) about halfway towards the wheel opening leading edge. The taughtness of the add-on surfaces is very different from the full, beautifully blended surfaces of the C5's body. Incidentally, compare the flowing fillet radius around the perimeter of the sculpted indent versus the one (ones...) on the edge of the add-on parts: no concinnity.

IMO these parts would visually "fit" better on the planar surfaces of the Chevy Cobalt. DFO

I wanted a different look and I achieved that. Is it perfect? No. Is the design of the C5 perfect? No. Why do you think that there are aftermarket suppliers of these parts and plenty of people buying them? Could it be because each person has his own style? Doesn't matter to me in the least that your opinion is that I have "over done" or taken away from the original design of my car. I built if for me and no one else.
You continue to enjoy your run of the mill C5 and follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff.
This is not intended to offend anyone but save your anilitical critisisms for someone who cares.;)

Isn't There a Saying about Opinions?

Always great to get different opinions. But when it's all said and done, Tony's
ride is of the the tastiest C5 convertibles on the planet.
Remo:cool

vette0004.jpg

The only thing I never liked about the C5.....
Now remember this is the only thing...the Cadillac exhaust tips.
Thats why I put on a Corsa system.

priorities

I think it's all a matter of priorities, what would you do with the money if you didn't spend it on your car? Make a list of what you would like to do and sort it by priority.

paul

priorities ???

Are you saying that there are other things in life that have higher priorities :nonoWhat could be more important than spending $$ on corvette parts or other cars in grneral. If there are,.........?:confused

I don't want to know what thay are !:eek:hnoes

Don't know about you but I always dress right...and I'm a lefty! :D

Don't know about you but I always dress right...and I'm a lefty! :D
I put my vette on pretty much like all the other guy's .......ONE LEG AT A TIME:rotfl

Well here's one of the most beautiful C5's on the face of the planet. What's your thoughts on this one?
Remo:cool
vette0001.jpg

I don't personally care for the wheels even though they kind of look ok for this Vette but not to my taste.

It becomes overkill at some point. I say add things that will not take away from the original beauty, but only enhance it.

This is my feelings exactly, hard to improve on the original too much without looking over done :eek:hnoes or like something else other than a Vette. Again this is just my opinion; to each their own.

Bill :w

welcome

welcome big al hope you enjoy the club, you will. about the after market items, i love them, i have chrome z06 wheels, i have a big spoiler, red letters on rear deck to match brake lights, tinted windows, she looks like a stlif bomber with chrome landing gear.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Billy

hi paul, welcome to the cac, it will be a neat ride, lot of great people.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Billy

Thank you Billy, I have already found many helpfull links vai the CAC .My car is not a Z06 but she seems to have pleanty of GET UP AND GO for me!

I also think Tony's car is one of the sweetest looking C5s out there. Very tasteful, well cared for, and nicely personalized.

It's always interesting to see the varied opinions of vette owners, makes it a diverse place which is nice.

I am a mod guy, and like Tony and many others, I do the things I do only for my own enjoyment. I plan to keep my car for good. Now if I was intending to sell it someday I'd keep it factory stock, most mods are money losers and dealers/buyers seem to prefer stock.

I've done some mods that alter the appearance yet actually are in part functional mods. I have CCW wheels, BPP aftermarket hood for heat/pressure extraction from under the hood, but most of my mods are performance. Engine, supercharger, clutch, tranny, just about everything you can think of for performance. My car is not a show car, never was intended to be and never will be. My car is for the sheer pleasure of driving a lot and fast. I have well over 100,000 miles, I can race just about anyone and anything and make a good race out of it, I can beat sport bikes/ crotch rockets. I have driven it in the snow (not advisable). I drive it on the gravel. I've hit deer and they have hit me. A lady backed into me. And through it all, I still love my vette and have no intentions of getting rid of it. It is me.

After all that rambling, I guess all I really wanted to say is enjoy your vette!! Whether its bone stock factory, a garage queen, a show car, a weekend driver, a daily driver, a drag strip warrior, a track car, a autocross car, it doesn't matter. Its your car, take care of her, and most of all enjoy her !!

After all that rambling, I guess all I really wanted to say is enjoy your vette!! Whether its bone stock factory, a garage queen, a show car, a weekend driver, a daily driver, a drag strip warrior, a track car, a autocross car, it doesn't matter. Its your car, take care of her, and most of all enjoy her !!

This says it all :upthumbs as far as I am concerned, enjoy it most of all but make it yours.

Bill :w

A bit of dressing is OK, to much dressing is overkill, I think Tony's Vette looks Great...

Vette Magazine Article: Drivable Works of Art

"All in all, these Corvettes are works of art that can be driven; exquisitely crafted
automobiles, and highly complimentary to the factory offerings. I want a
Z06 Grand Sport Targa...all I need to do is win the lottery."

What number is your Indy program car?

I have one of them too and was curious about the decals and such on yours.
Do you know many details about it? I have often felt the same make some mods or leave it alone. Sure wish it had the 6spd.
Thanks

I have one of them too and was curious about the decals and such on yours.
Do you know many details about it? I have often felt the same make some mods or leave it alone. Sure wish it had the 6spd.
Thanks
I'm trying to find out more about this one. I did find the Corvette Pace Car registry/2004 Festival cars link. I have registered it and I am waiting to have them track the numbers down for me

I have received an e mail thanking me for registering my car but I have not heard back from Bob Kirsch . I have what I am told is one of the 22 LeMans blue festival cars from 2004. Vin # 1G1YY32GO45127288. I wanted to confirm if this is one of the original 22. for the INDY race before I payed to join as a full member. My other quests are to obtain the # that was assigned to it. It has a 19 that looks to be hand painted on the rear plate housing?? I,m hoping there a source for a duplicate race track temp plate as shown on the pictures in the festival car information section? I am the 1st private registered owner of this car. I got it on EBay from a Chevy dealer just outside of Indianapolis. From what I can track so far the car has been held by Chevy dealers in the area and has never been sold or registered. It has only has 4k miles on it.I want to keep this little part of history as original as possible. I am also looking for a replacement decal "the larger one" as some place along the way it has been removed. I have been told that the flag graphics do add some what of a dollar amount to the MSRP....and the overall value of the car as a part of INDY history. I'm trying to find out if I have something special here or is it just another 04 comm addition Vette ?

Thank you in advance for any information that you can provide.

Al Radke Milwaukee WI

It has a 19 that looks to be hand painted on the rear plate housing?? I,m hoping there a source for a duplicate race track temp plate as shown on the pictures in the festival car information section? I am the 1st private registered owner of this car. I got it on EBay from a Chevy dealer just outside of Indianapolis

Here is what I would try; these cars were registered with the Indiana BMV for a brief period of time during the race and I think it is a good registration for maybe 3 months, all of them have the special IMS plates on them and they have a legal registraion during a brief period of time during the festivities. I would think if you ran the VIN through Indiana BMV they should be able to tell you if it was officially registered to IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway) I have tried for years to get one of those official IMS plates that are used and they are very rare and hard to get a hold of. I have been to the Indiana State Prision where they are made and they tell me they are the most guarded plates they make, someone from IMS brings the molding plates down to the prision and waits on them to be used and then takes them back to the track and locks them up. They are not even kept by the prision like the rest of them are. Here is the web site for Indiana BMV http://www.dmv.org/in-indiana/department-motor-vehicles.php You should be able to check with IMS as well they surely have a record of this being an active pace care in 2004. I do have some contacts at BMV, and maybe even a contact at IMS so let me know if any of this helped you. It really sounds as if you have the 19th registered pace car of 2004 Indianapolis 500, and your VIN number should bear that out becasue it had to be registered for the special plate used on it if in fact it was one of the pace cars.

Again let me know if I can help,

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom