Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Today I'm Nervous As A Cat

adfac

Corvette
1986 Dark Red Convertible
Today, my baby went in for surgery. They're taking the 2.73 ring and pinion out and replacing it with a 3.54. I'm nervous as a cat. When I saw all that had to come off just to get to the differential, I could no longer watch. I can't believe I'm that attached to a C4! I trust the guy that's doing it so I guess that's all that matters. On a higher note, has anyone heard of SeaFoam? Wow! That stuff is fantastic! My car was running a little sluggish so I put a can of that stuff in the tank hoping to clean the fuel injectors. After about 25 miles I started noticing a big difference. She now runs really smooth! I highly recommend SeaFoam! Just wanted to speak my peace. :thumb YOLO

I can understand your anxiousness.

Seafoam? Yes it is some amazing stuff. People will feed it into the upper cylinder, by allowing it to suck into the system through the brake booster vacuum hose. Allow it to set in there for 15 to 20 minutes and then start up the car and smoke the neighborhood out. It loosens and cleans all the areas there making a huge difference.

Today, my baby went in for surgery. They're taking the 2.73 ring and pinion out and replacing it with a 3.54. I'm nervous as a cat. When I saw all that had to come off just to get to the differential, I could no longer watch. I can't believe I'm that attached to a C4! I trust the guy that's doing it so I guess that's all that matters. On a higher note, has anyone heard of SeaFoam? Wow! That stuff is fantastic! My car was running a little sluggish so I put a can of that stuff in the tank hoping to clean the fuel injectors. After about 25 miles I started noticing a big difference. She now runs really smooth! I highly recommend SeaFoam! Just wanted to speak my peace. :thumb YOLO

Not only does Seafoam work great on your carbs (motorcycles too), and your injectors, they have a foam spray can that I used for the carbon buildup in my chrome tail pipes (tips). It cleaned them up nicely!

Sea Foam!

Not only does Seafoam work great on your carbs (motorcycles too), and your injectors, they have a foam spray can that I used for the carbon buildup in my chrome tail pipes (tips). It cleaned them up nicely!

Where can you get this stuff? The main online dealers carry it? I am in Canada and can certainly find injector cleaner but have not heard of Sea Foam.

Cheers,
:beer

I don't know about the Great White North, but around these parts SeaFoam is widely available, from K-Mart to all of the parts stores. It has been around forever, and every new generation discovers it at one time or another.

Where can you get this stuff? The main online dealers carry it? I am in Canada and can certainly find injector cleaner but have not heard of Sea Foam.

Cheers,
:beer
NAPA carries it.

I use it in my C5 to keep the contacts clean in my gas tank so the fuel guage doesn't go wacky. I'm thinking it is doing some good everywhere the fuel goes in the engine also.........ya, learned that on the CAC ya.........:thumb.......

Hope your new gearing works out well for you.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom