Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Today's Car show

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
I took the Vette to a local car show today....wow the weather was absolutely PERFECT about 78* partly cloudy (just enough to keep the sun from getting too hot) and a light breeze. I told a few people if someone were to have written the perfect script for a show car day, this would be it.

Anyway I did my best to keep the next generation interested in Corvettes. There were only two there today, mine and a 94 Roadster. Any way shortly after I got there and as I was 'spit polishing' it, one little guy, about 10 or so, with his mom and grandmother(assumed) came by and he said to his mom, "I can see myself in that car.", pointing at my Corvette. I said to him "Really? You can see yourself in this Corvette?" His mother said "Oh, he loves Corvettes." I said, as I opened the door, "Well, you had better get over here and sit in it." His eyes lit up like huge spotlights, "You really mean it?" I said "Sure, why not?". He jumps in and sits back with this huge grin on his face, Grandma says "Can I take his pictures with him in there?"..."Well you'd better, I don't think he'll smile like that again for a while." As he got out he said "Thank You for letting me sit in your car." His mom and grandma thanked me as well. That was worth more than than any award I could have received.

..Anyway I did my best to keep the next generation interested in Corvettes.

-Snip-

.... As he got out he said "Thank You for letting me sit in your car." His mom and grandma thanked me as well. That was worth more than than any award I could have received.

:thumb

Tom- what a great story!

:beer

FWIW- my 3yr old son has a model of the white C5 I used to own in his room on his dresser.
;)

Flora sez.........................

Good Man,Tom!! :beer

attachment.php

Wish I'd taken the camera with me to get my own picture. Cute kid, Jesse!

Like the native New Englanders say.........WIKKID PISSAH!
Since I'm originally from Pennsylvania, and am just a "transplanted"
turkey herder, I'd like to say...............................
"Nice gesture Tom! I can only hope that I'll be able to
do that for some youngster at somepoint in time........"
Who knows.......he might use that picture as the motivation
to get his own Corvette! :thumb
Andy :w

Good Man,Tom!! :beer

attachment.php

Good for you Tom, Most kids I run into anymore are more interested in their MP3 player or Ipods, droopy pants and hats on backwards and getting their first tattoo ? But show NO interest in any automobiles unless it's in a movie like Transformers? :bash

Good job Tom..........our show here yesterday got rained out. There's always next week!! :thumb

Where the nice folks live .....

Here in Joy-Zee or Noo-Yawk you would have got something ....

"Yo ..... yeah you buddy, curb yer' freakin kid. Like he's gettin' droool on my fender or sumpin .... "

Once you get into or past Ohio .... something happens and people become nice an civil and stuff.

:confused

There is much to be said for the nice folks of the mid-west ..... :thumb

Nah, we have some of those out here too. I heard one guy yelling at some kids to get away from his car.

Nice Story

Before I bought mine, the only Vette contact in my life was sitting in the 76 Vette which belonged to the son of the local Chevy dealer. The car show kid - He's hooked!
:upthumbs

You done good, Tom. :thumb

I've written a couple of stories about kids and Vettes: one involving myself and another involving Lou (Rowdy1) at CruiseFest06.

I always enjoy seeing a youngster's eyes light up when they're invited to sit in a Corvette.:cool

Here's a link to the story about Lou: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-cruisefest-2006/84571-rowdy1-does-again.html

and here's a photo since Tom forgot his camera. ;)

1001_HPIM1054.jpg

:wJane Ann

Thanks for jogging my memory, I was there when that kid was in the car. I was just getting to know a few people back then.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom