Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Too Good To Be True...

1965RRR

Corvette
1965 Rally Red Roadster
I found a 1963 Split-Window Coupe for sale at an outrageously low price that has to be too good to be true. I wonder if this car is one that someone found missing from their garage one sad day. The VIN is 30837S113175. I checked the Black Book and the numbers are correct, but I have not see them with my own eyes.
Any suggestions on how to check this out further?
Thanks.

Is the car close where you can see it in person?

Do the data plates look like thy may have been tampered with or replaced? Verify the VIN or if it's too far away...

Ask to see a copy of the title and registration. Does it look real and is the name a match to the person selling the car? Record the title and/or registration number for use in the next step.

Ask your local police to run the VIN through the FBI data base of stolen autos.

They will not be allowed to tell who owns the car but they can tell you if it's listed as stolen anywhere in the US.

Tom

Good ideas! Is there someone that could be able to run the VIN through the FBI data base of stolen autos?

is this the one for $4900 and they will ship it to you? Guy doesn't have a phone but you can fax to him? If it is too good to be true, then it isn't true....SCAM!

SCAM! :eyerole

Can there REALLY be any living, breathing person left on the planet that doesn't recognize this classic scam? That same ad is on every on-line cars-for-sale site on the 'net, and in about 50 local papers all over the country. :bash

Herb,
Have you found a 63 SWC yet...
I have a lead on one, and talked to the guy once. I have someone taking a look at it, but the seller hasn't called him back yet....decent price and not numbers matching so no premium on the purchase, but if I can't get the guy to call it makes it hard to see the darn thing........stay tuned...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom