Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Too quiet!!

Larry's Yellow Rdstr

Corvette
05 black cpe-Porsche GT3
I just ordered Borla Sport mufflers for my C6. The factory mufflers were putting me to sleep. I had Borlas on my C5 and I really liked them. I'm not concerned if I get any additional performance from the mufflers as I'm interested in better engine sounds. I am curious though on any weight savings comparing the stockers with the Borla S. Anyone know??

Save the wave!

Phrased another way:
How much does the complete cat back Borla S system weigh?
How much does the complete stock exhaust system weigh?

TIA

Lar

I`d weigh the new before you put on and weigh the old off...if it really matters. Even if there is a difference,do ya really think it would matter?? Kinda like if I ate a big lunch or not.lol.

I may seem anal in my post, and thats my Porsche thinking comming out. I changed my OEM mufflers on my GT3 to FabSpeed and saved 30 lbs. Weight reduction is almost as good as additional HP. I also went to a light weight flywheel and Cup gears saving another 20 lbs. Weight reduction comes 1 lb at a time.

Of course you are entitled to save every pound...guess its just not my thing for a street car. I`d be curious tho if you tell me what the difference would be anyway. hopefully it doesn`t add more weght...that would be counter productive,right? i wonder why the manufacturer of the exhausts would be able to tell you...vroom...vroom...

According to the Borla Website, Stock rear section weighs 40 lbs, and Borla Rear section weighs 29 lbs. For comparison, the Corsa Sports weigh 54lbs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom