Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Took my Father-In-Law out for a ride Saturday night

Paul G

Corvette
96 CE LT4 Convertible
The weather was great here last Saturday. After dinner, my wife wants to go see her parents. So we decide to take the CE. When we get there, she tells her Dad to go for a ride in the Corvette with me. He says sure. He has had a couple of Corvettes in the past. Right now, he is driving a 240 HP Nissan sedan. To tell you the truth that Nissan would have given my 88 a run for the money. Anyway I offer the keys to him but he respectfully declined. No problem, I drove. We went out for a spin around town a little. Went past the local cruise in place, no one was there. He tells me there is no where to open it up on this road. Make a right and go back toward home on this other road. So what is he telling me?? We go on down a little further and come up to a stop light with an open section of road ahead. Light turn’s green, I take off slowly and then floor it. The ASR was kicking back at my foot when I floored it. As first winds out I grab second and watch him get slammed back in the seat. Very cool! He starts laughing and tells me he thinks it might be quicker than Larry's car. His brother-in-law Larry has a C5. He asks me how many gears I went through? I only shifted once I told him. I backed off at 75. Didn’t really want to go faster than that here. All in all, it was a lot of fun for both of us.

Next month our Corvette club is having track day at the drag strip south of here. I can’t wait to put some numbers on this thing. It will be interesting to see just what it can do in the quarter mile. I am hoping for at least high 13's with me driving.

COOL!!:D

What a coincidence, as I took my step-dad for a ride in my LT4 for the first time this weekend. He's 70 yrs old (very spry 70!)

With the ASR off, I dumped the clutch and ran through the gears up to around 100mph. He absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!!!! We were in a cloud of smoke completely sideways when I grabbed 2nd and he was like HOLY S@#!

He said that that was the most fun he'd had in years!:D

These cars are a blast! :beer

High 13’s?

Your LT4 is a low 13 second car. Admittedly, I started with a 14 second run on my first run, I spun like there was no tomorrow. Advice from other LT4 drivers was to rev it to 2500 rpm or above. At my local track, this was not the optimum rpm to launch from. 1,200 to 1,500 rpm has done pretty well for me. Just have to watch that you don’t bog, every track is different.

I have my LT4 down to 13.2 @ 107. Car is stock all but for a K&N air filter. This is on stock Goodyear GSCs at 30 psi.

Have fun at the track when you do go. It’s addicting!

B17Crew
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom