Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson Targets the 1984 Corvette

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson swings his axe - right down on a 1984 Corvette!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ilL4wICrEs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ilL4wICrEs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

So thats what happens when you decide to quit drinking, smoking, your wife leaves you and your dog dies all in one day, now I know.

So thats what happens when you decide to quit drinking, smoking, your wife leaves you and your dog dies all in one day, now I know.

;LOL

I would imagine there was a point here somewhere? Maybe his head?

How does one obtain a job like this and get paid? I am sure he is overpaid.

THAT WAS WRONG

84 DID HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH THE CROSSFIRE BUT CORRECTED THE PROBLEM BY PUTTING IN A NEW ENGINE BY 86. BUT TO DESTROY IT LIKE THAT. THAT WAS WRONG. TO LATE TO SAVE THAT VETTE BUT WE CAN STILL "SAVE THE WAVE"
C/O ROCKYQ
CHECKERED FLAG CORVETTE CLUB
ANNAPOLIS MD.

This reminds me of the Mythbuster's episode on the Discovery Channel where they put a dead pig in a mid 80s corvette, seal it up and allow it to decompose for a couple of months to see if the car would sell afterwards. If it were anything but a corvette I might be more amused. :v

typical meathead reaction. he's probably pushing triumphs or jags instead. what an ultraputz. i love my 84.

"Wiping horrible gas guzzlers off the face of the planet"? Show me a sports car that gets better gas mileage than the Corvette. Lambo's and Ferrari's get ~10 MPG........

That was a pretty pathetic display.

Thats what happens when you think a TR-6 is faster than the speed of light!:L What a moron I guess hes not happy about those Astons gettin a good ole fashoned public beating!!!

Typical TV personality who is very opinionated and from what I read of his rants on the shows web page, pretends to be anti American but secretly covets our cars. What can you say about a guy who drives a Ford GT?

Apparently, that's the point of his show. Destroy machinery.

I still liked the sound of the Vette as it hauled a$$. :_rock

The Hughes 500E can do that even to a Lamborghini, so I don't feel offended at all. Yet, it was comical at times (like driving on the left side of the road in Arizona:L .

GerryLP:cool

Keep in mind this was shot way before he purchased the Ford GT.

That's true. I remember hearing about this video a couple of years ago, but had never been able to see it until now. And it was old even then. This could be over 10 years old for all I know.

And yes, the Ford GT has always been his favorite car......but it was a British Ford, so apparently that makes it ok :L.

What a tragedy. :cry

If it makes any difference, it looks like they used two different cars. All Corvettes deserve a good home, but it looks like the one they shot up had already been abused.

I love Top Gear.... it's a great show.
He loves to make fun of ALL North American Cars....If you can't laugh at yourself...

HOWEVER... Just because we have real estate for bigger cars... no need to get nasty.

What a tragedy. :cry

If it makes any difference, it looks like they used two different cars. All Corvettes deserve a good home, but it looks like the one they shot up had already been abused.

I noticed that too....didn't appear to be the same car.

Couldn't have been an 84 either (unless it wasn't stock)...had a third brake light, and that color wasn't available in 84.

Unless I'm mistaken, the third brake light and maroon color wasn't availble until 86...yet the wheel color was wrong for 86 (black in 84/85, gray in 86).

Regardless....what an idiot.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom