Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Top Speed ?

I was clock this past summer on a race track doing 118 mph on the straight stretch. The pedal wasn't all the to the floor, but close.

Here in upstate New York the top speed is $175 with the court fees attached, dang they have no sence of humor.

That Stabil only works with the 4 barrell full open, OK, he didn't buy it either.

:ugh

chockey said:
Here in upstate New York the top speed is $175 with the court fees attached, dang they have no sence of humor.

That Stabil only works with the 4 barrell full open, OK, he didn't buy it either.

:ugh

DANG!!!too bad you didn't have a coupon for a xl size coffee from drunkin dounts!!!!THEN they might 've had a sense of humor about it!!!!;LOL

CoachS said:
Anyone know what the top speed of an 81 with an Auto is ?
Best I can do is 86 mph. That is with the needle wrapped around the 85 mph peg :D for one more mph on the speedometer.

I got 138 mph on a couple dyno pulls (estimated). The best I ever got on the road was +/- 130 mph. (I converted that silly 85mph speedo over some years ago). It's worth the money. But my '81 has full length headers, no emissions gear at all, K&N and true duals. 118-120 bone stock is probably not too far off.

........ nut

ive been to 125 on a backroad, and as far as i know its all stock...

chockey said:
Dang,the last time I checked it was called the Southern Tier of New York. If you can not get on the track at Watkins Glen there are numerous back roads around there to test your vehicle on. Growing up around there, I had to do my own version of the " Dukes of Hazzard" while tuning my stock cars.

SLOVETTE said:
Best I can do is 86 mph. That is with the needle wrapped around the 85 mph peg :D for one more mph on the speedometer.

same problem here, I only managed 84mph :L

see_it_go_here_it_run_600x450.jpg

Best I can do is 86 mph. That is with the needle wrapped around the 85 mph peg for one more mph on the speedometer.

Haha!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom