Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TPIS Mini-Ram Induction

Don&Kelly

Corvette
2000 Red Coupe & 2008 Crystal Red Metallic Convert
I currently have a GM Tuned Port Injector on my '81 and due to some other modifications that I've done, it's starving for air.

I'm thinking of changing to the TPIS Mini-Ram :

tpis_miniram_500-505.jpg

They say "Mini-Ram Intake Manifold :

"This fabulous new one-piece casting is ideal for the serious car nut. If used as a replacement over a stock Tuned Port intake, on a mild 350ci motor, you will see a 95+ HP gain. If you build the motor on the mild side, i.e. small cam and some porting, 125+ HP is very possible. If you go on the wild side you will be able to exceed any single four barrel power numbers, all with greater driveability and economy.

Installs on existing TPI vehicles with just our Fuel Rail Kit and Level VI Prom. Use the Mini-Ram to replace and out-perform any carbureted system, just add our Wire Harness. (And the rest of the relays and sensors.) You will end up with a system that was designed by the best engineers in the world.

It has self diagnostic capabilities, will run in the closed loop, open loop, and the limp home mode. Use either a mass air sensor or as a Speed/Density system. These systems have a knock sensor to protect the engine in case you get a load of bad fuel, and an oxygen sensor that will give the computer the information it needs for the best possible overall performance, mileage, power, idle quality and starting. All electronic components have either a Delco or a Bosch part number. This means you can purchase the component parts from any GM dealer or any of the major parts store chains. The system also retains the ALDL for ease of diagnosis, and does not require any field adjustments. Let us put a system together for you.

We have been driving this manifold for over ten years. It has wonderful throttle response, delivers more torque from 2000 to 2700 RPM than a stock or modified TPI, and gives a great rush of power from 3500 RPM to 6500 RPM. "

Their site: http://www.tpis.com

Any one know anything about this setup??

This is one of the best single mods you can make to a TPI, or any engine for that matter.

I put one on my 90 vette .

You can see more about it on my homepage.

www.mcspeed.homestead.com

click on the 90 vette link

It is putting down 378 hp at the rear wheels on a stock 1990 chip!

69MyWay:

Wow, 378 RWHP on a stock 1990 chip - I hope I can do as well - we'll see in a couple of weeks ..

Anyone else have any experience??

Don&Kelly said:
69MyWay:

Wow, 378 RWHP on a stock 1990 chip - I hope I can do as well - we'll see in a couple of weeks ..

Anyone else have any experience??

Yes, but the motor was stuffed full of aftermarket stuff, like Edelbrock RPM aluminum heads, full roller cam and rockers, fully balanced assembly with Hyperu pistons, etc. etc....

With the manual, and depending on what you use for a driveline loss, it is basically a tad over 400 hp at the crank. That is about what you would expect from the miniram on a built motor with good heads, cam, compression, and exhaust system to get all that air out as fast as it came in.

TPIS miniram

Don:
What are you talking about when you say "Installs on existing TPI vehicles with just our Fuel Rail Kit and Level VI Prom. Use the Mini-Ram to replace and out-perform any carbureted system, just add our Wire Harness. (And the rest of the relays and sensors.) You will end up with a system that was designed by the best engineers in the world."
Does this mean you sell a wire harness and or accessories for the miniram?
I will be installing one in my 91 Vette and would like your help.

Thanks,
tshirttom

I doubt you will get a response from Don as this thread is 9 years old. Your 91 wiring harness will work with the Mini-ram. You just need to install your existing injectors and sensors from your the current TPI.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom