Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! TPMS longevity

marckwilliams

Corvette
2004 Red Coupe
My Goodyear dealer and Chevy dealer can't get my wheel TPMS sensors to program "learn" into the TPMS computer. First it was the front left which Goodyear replaced for $180, but it still didn't want to program in. They now have the front programmed, but now the right rear doesn't want to program in. The dealer told me all the sensors need replaced for $800 because they are all erratic. It is a 2004 with the original stock wheels and tires and I know these sensors are supposed to last 10yrs nominally. It there anyone else with a 03 to 04 that has had the same experience? I am trying to gauge if these mechanics are incompetent.

WOW $800 for the TPMS on a 04'!! Those normally run about $40 each new.

My Goodyear dealer and Chevy dealer can't get my wheel TPMS sensors to program "learn" into the TPMS computer. First it was the front left which Goodyear replaced for $180, but it still didn't want to program in. They now have the front programmed, but now the right rear doesn't want to program in. The dealer told me all the sensors need replaced for $800 because they are all erratic. It is a 2004 with the original stock wheels and tires and I know these sensors are supposed to last 10yrs nominally. It there anyone else with a 03 to 04 that has had the same experience? I am trying to gauge if these mechanics are incompetent.

First off, you can program (learn) the sensors yourself on an 04 with a large magnet. If you want the directions, email me at rocsvette@insightbb.com. That way you will know for sure if the problem is there. Secondly, Fichtner Chevrolet sells the sensors for far less than $800 even if you factor in removing and remounting the tires. I think last time I got them it ran around $200 for the set.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom