Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! TPMS Sensor

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
Well, winter is coming and I am lining up the indoor projects and one of them is replacing the left front TPMS Sensor which probably has a dying/dead battery. I get an XXX reading for it; the other three sensors are working fine.

So, I did a internet search and the least expensive sensor I could find for my 1998 is at Advance Auto for $97.99. Does anyone know of a better price somewhere else?

I have read many threads about reprogramming and I have my large magnet from a 6 inch round parts tray ready to go along with the directions for programming.

I am not going to replace all the sensors at the same time but rather wait and replace as they go bad.

Thanks.

Keep 'em rollin'. :W

Bill :w

could not open the other site to compare....

TC-400 Tire Pressure Monitor System Replacement Valves
Hella.TMPS_Sensor.jpg

Try TireRack.com......lot's of owners say they have the best prices....
Tirerack has the best price that I have seen for my 98, I found that in looking at wheels they came up with a compatible sensor 315mhz @$252.00 for a set of 4. I didn't buy any yet so I couldn't tell you firsthand how they are but I have always had a good expierience with products from the tirerack.Bought my brakes from them several years ago ,good price good quality and I would expect the same with other items.

I believe most Discount Tire stores also have them. By the way they also have the reprograming tool just in case you may need them to assist.

I got the TPMS's at the local Chevy dealer. Average battery life is reportedly 5 years so plan on getting them all replaced soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom