Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Traction control de-activates on bumps

hilltek

Corvette
1997 Silver Coupe
A new problem started last fall where the traction control light activates with the appropriate message on the DIC when I accidentally hit a bump / pothole in the road. I have to pull over, shut off the car ('97 coupe), and restart in order to clear the problem. Just pressing the reset button does nothing but make the message go away - dash warning lights remain on.

I'm guessing this is maybe a loose sensor of some sort. Anyone tell me what to look for and where?;shrug

Traction lamp activating on bump

Hi there,

I would be checking for codes, but the most likely issue with the wheel speed sensor harnesses

Allthebest, c4c5

You are my Hero!
Code check showed problem with left front wheel. I put it on a lift and disconnected and cleaned the plug-in connections. (Didn't know it had any). Problem is solved. Must have been loose or corroded contacts.
Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

You will most likely have to replace the harness, truthfully.

Manipulation of the harness will work for a little while, but is never a permanent fix.

10332527 is the part number or MidAmerica has it as well.

Allthebest, c4c5

service abs and traction control light on

my warning lights stay on for this as well. Is this an expensive fix or is it a do it yourself job

my warning lights stay on for this as well. Is this an expensive fix or is it a do it yourself job
You would have to post the codes your getting before we could accurately help you and tell you if you can or cannot do the job.

Allthebest, c4c5

Hi there,

You will most likely have to replace the harness, truthfully.

Manipulation of the harness will work for a little while, but is never a permanent fix.

10332527 is the part number or MidAmerica has it as well.

Allthebest, c4c5

iagree.gif
iagree.gif
iagree.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom