Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Traction Control? Never Noticed

The later model C5's had a vehicle control system that consisted of traction control along with a stability control system. Traction control is just that, at the detection of wheel spin it reduces engine power to reduce the wheel spin. The stability system has a yaw sensor and steering sensor that compares the amount of steering input to the actual turning of the car. If an understeer or oversteer condition is detected the system will apply any of the brakes individually or together to bring the car back into line.

System on: both traction and stability systems active.
Competition mode: stability system active only, no traction control.
System off: both traction and stability systems inactive.

Hope this helps.

Leon

TC off and you're completely at the mercy of your Vette (traction control AND active handling are off).......In competitive mode you still retain active handling.

The later model C5's had a vehicle control system that consisted of traction control along with a stability control system. Traction control is just that, at the detection of wheel spin it reduces engine power to reduce the wheel spin. The stability system has a yaw sensor and steering sensor that compares the amount of steering input to the actual turning of the car. If an understeer or oversteer condition is detected the system will apply any of the brakes individually or together to bring the car back into line.

System on: both traction and stability systems active.
Competition mode: stability system active only, no traction control.
System off: both traction and stability systems inactive.

Hope this helps.

Leon

YEP :beer

OK, so what visual or audible indication does a C5 have to show whether it is on or off? I think I've missed something as I can't tell (or don't know how...)on my '02! DFO :confused

There is a small icon on the instrument cluster that looks like the back end of a Corvette sliding around under power. When the traction control is OFF the light is ON. Also, the status will be displayed on the Driver Information Center (DIC) for a few seconds after you change the setting with the control button down by the gearshift lever.

Thanks, I'll look for it when the Vette and I go out to make the Arabs and BP happy later on! Oh well better mpg than the SilleeUghleeVeehiclulzz Aaaahmarkinz love...and fast, too!!!! Not to mention easy on the eyes ("garage appeal" as Peter Egan so aptly calls it....) and able to carve curvz in rapid leaps...wottah GR8 car!!!! Love her! DFO :D

By golly...it does show up! Toggled the switch and the displays did show...duuuuhhhh. Thanks again. DFO :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom