Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Traction Control Question

nmcoyote

Corvette
2006 Silver Coupe
I have an '06 coupe and have not played with the traction control. Can anyone tell me how differently the car will perform with TC in competetion mode and with it off.

Hi there,
Your stability control/Active handling will continue to function but your traction control will be turned off, so you can spin the rear tires.
ABS is always on.
Allthebest, c4c5:bang

SC, AH, and TC Explanations Wanted, please!

I have also not played with the Stability Control, Active Handling, or Traction Control on my new C6 automatic coupe. I would like to have a non-technical, brief, helpful, kind explanation of:

1. What each of these three are
2. What combinations of the three (on/off) can be achieved with the console switch
3. Why/when you use the different settings
4. Issues with how many times it is pressed to achieve settings

Thanks in advance for any nice explanations! I still don't know, however, since the button seems so important, why it is place in a spot where it is so easily activated inadvertently on the console.

re: traction control

My question was more related to how much braking effect does the TC apply to the rear wheels and how much quicker will the car be with it off (provided I can manage the wheel spin)? Has anyone seen a test publised or run timed tests with and without TC?

Personally I put it in Competition Mode. The one time I turned it off on my C5 (a day after I bought it) I almost wrecked it. Very scary. With comp mode you can steer with the rear wheels to a point. Be careful about turning it off completely. These things have ubelievable torque and will brreak loose with almost no notice. Have fun.

Please explain what a 6 speed has and and auto has. Every once in a while i notice somthing on the DIC (or maybe dash) that says something about Traction control engaged , or whatever- Usually if rear tires slip

Not clear on what i have, yes read owners manual but its been a while..

Usually means just that. Tires are slipping. Differences I do not know about. Only have had 6 speeds.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom