Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Traction Control

ramon1367

Corvette
C6 2005 Coupe Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
Hi people
I have a 2005 C6 and for a while now for some reason when I am accelerating at around 60-65 the traction control kicks in, after that stops in a gas station to get some gas and when starts the car again there is no alert on the DIC about Tractioncontrol and continue on my way, acelerate the car again and the traction control kicks in again, and the alert is on on the DIC, bring the car to my mechanic, he connects his scanner to the car and scanners says that cannot read my car computer.What else should we check for this issue. Appreciate your help.My vette have 285/35ZR19 GOOD YEAR
245/40ZR18 GOOD YEAR

My vette has 31507 miles and around 5 years with this tires

When you say the "alert" for traction control is on...do you mean the lamp which comes on when traction control is active or the lamp which comes on when the system needs servic?

Yes is the lamp which comes on when traction control is active ,

Depending on the amount of acceleration you are taking:

1 If you are getting wheelspin then the TC is working correctly. This can often occur when turning a corner and accelerating hard.
2 It will also set if your tires are a significantly different diameter.
3 If there is an intermittent sensor that should set a code and display service traction control.

If you turn TC OFF with the button on the console does it still light up?

There is a small wire that plugs into the traction control unit below the alternator on the radiator side. You can access that connection from the passenger side. Like anything on these C6's, it's cramped. Unplug the small wire. Use Electronic Cleaner and spray both ends of that connection. MAKE SURE that the end on the wire side is not broken. These 05's are now over 10 years old and there's a lot of crap that flies up there! Also make sure you hear an audible "click" when you plug it back in!

There is also a larger harness connector on the other side of the control. You can access that one by putting the car on a lift and sticking your hand in there, flip up the lock handle and remove to clean both sides with the same Electronic Cleaner.

It's not easy and again extremely cramped in there but it can be done. I've done it. BE PATIENT!!!

I had a 2005 with those same issues and after cleaning both of those connections, everything was fine.

I'm also finding, especially with the 05's, the harnesses are getting brittle. I've also had to replace a few engine harnesses which was the only way to get rid of the errors and issues. 2 this year!!! And only 05's.

Chuck M

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom