Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trade 95 vette for old muscle car??

Steamer

Corvette
I've been thinking about trading my Perfect 95 vette 6sp. 63k.miles,2 tops,sport seats, bose gold,climate control,NEVER wrecked or smoked in. I would like to have a 65 thru 70 GTO or another muscle car in that era. Please E-mail me (jeannineb57@yahoo.com) Thanks, Bob.

Think twice before you jump!!

Hi

You ae talking about a horse of another color for sure. I hope you get back money in the trade and l'm not talking about chump change.

The right muscle car could break $100,000 at least at Barrett's but l'm sure you will only get answered by the general garden variety type. Be very careful of fakes and sheck on the cost's.

Big turn around.

Alan

kingman said:
Hi

You ae talking about a horse of another color for sure. I hope you get back money in the trade and l'm not talking about chump change.

The right muscle car could break $100,000 at least at Barrett's but l'm sure you will only get answered by the general garden variety type. Be very careful of fakes and sheck on the cost's.

Big turn around.

Alan

pretty interesting post. i presume you believe a 6spd '95 vette cpe is worth upwards of $100,000??,LOL and you expect change back from your dollar???, LMAO!!! . an original 65 to 70, non judge, non mint, "garden variety type", GTO in decent condition, should be worth almost double the value of a standard 95 vette without skipping a beat (take a quick glance at hemmings this month). i would have presumed you meant something to the effect i hope you are prepared to give up some "money in the trade and i'm not talking about chump change".

Steamer, i hope you are successful in finding what you want. i've always been a big fan of american muscle, myself. there's nothing like the roar of a carburated engine running through real dual exhausts!!

Garden variety GTO

I wouldn't even consider a garden type variety GTO. When they were new like the mustangs they were only ok and that is when they were new.

The Muscle cars that bring big money are only GTO's in name only. Go to a Barrett's auction and check them out. You would be floored by the amount of monies that went into them and even though they call them original they are far from it.

They are of a higher standard and meant to be garage queens only.

The paint jobs alone runs into crazy numbers.

As far as Hemming's is concerned each GTO listed stands on their own and you see what they are asking. This doesn't mean they get it or even close to it. And if they get is it really worth it.

All a GTO is is a Tempest dressed up with a big engine.

But for an every day driver you really cannot beat a vette.

That's my humble opinion! And l never said a 95 vette is worth $100,000, nor did l ever see a GTO worth more then $65,000 unless it was owned by a big name and it could be proved.

Alan

Vette TradeI

SRS 244 Thank you for your response to my ad. I was just looking for a GTO or another muscle car that needs some work!

Have you ever owned an OLD muscle car ? I would buy a fixer upper and keep the vette if your set on it.. I have owned several old muscle cars and they arent any fun to drive compared to the vette you have..

Steamer said:
SRS 244 Thank you for your response to my ad. I was just looking for a GTO or another muscle car that needs some work!

steamer,
no problem. i figured at the least you might find it of interest even if you had no interest.
good luck with your search. i hope you are able to find what you want.

steve

Nice to hear from Kingman!

Hey Alan! I will always respect your opinion when it comes to buying a vette or an old muscle car! Nice to hear from you again. Thanks Bob

Bob, selling the vette already? Sorry, apparently it wasn't all you thought it would be.

I had a 70 Buick GS before my 73. 455 and nothing but fast. Always wanted a C-2 but to much money. Drove the 73 and fell in love. Not nearly as fast but looking over those fenders........need I say more?

Bring back memories

I had the 67 GS 400 red/black interior with the blacj vinyl top and it was a screamer. If l remember correctly it was an under rated machine and by the middle of 1969 it was revealed that in fact it was and banned in a class at the drags.

Steamer drive some GTO's first then make the hop.

Alan

Muscle car

Alan, I think that the GS-400 was a good look'n car!! That's the kind of machine I'm look'n for. I like that color combo! Did yours have buckets or bench,auto or 4speed? Bob.

That's my humble opinion! And l never said a 95 vette is worth $100,000, nor did l ever see a GTO worth more then $65,000 unless it was owned by a big name and it could be proved.

Go to Custom classic GTO inc. website. The really rare GTO's are going for over $300,000.00. One sold for almost $900,000.00. Unbelievable. I owned a 72 and it took a lot of work to make it handle 1/2 as good as a vette. No comparison. I wish I still had it though. I bought a vette instead of another one. Way different animal.

Gs 400

Hi

It had bucket seats and it was an auto. My father actually bought it and he let me option it out. That was his first mistake.

Two other cars come to mind, the Olds 442 67 a screamer and don't forget the Starfire both movers.

The Camaro r/s and s/s with the right combo is another path but the Olds 442 was by far a machine.

You will always hear about a car here and there bringing stupid money but it's rare and most likely had a story behind it.

Dollar for dollar your vette is the right choice for comfort and performance and a better chance of not breaking down.

The old muscle cars are real neat if it's a fourth car and you already have another car like the vette.

In my humble opinion drive a 67 442 before you go the way of a GTO for a driver.

Alan

p.s. If there is a car in my neck of the woods that you want me to look at, you know where to reach me.

Keep the vette

Like he said an old muscle car is OK for a 3rd or 4th car, not for a driver.. Keep the vette, its more fun to drive..

kingman said:
Hi

It had bucket seats and it was an auto. My father actually bought it and he let me option it out. That was his first mistake.

Two other cars come to mind, the Olds 442 67 a screamer and don't forget the Starfire both movers.

The Camaro r/s and s/s with the right combo is another path but the Olds 442 was by far a machine.

You will always hear about a car here and there bringing stupid money but it's rare and most likely had a story behind it.

Dollar for dollar your vette is the right choice for comfort and performance and a better chance of not breaking down.

The old muscle cars are real neat if it's a fourth car and you already have another car like the vette.

In my humble opinion drive a 67 442 before you go the way of a GTO for a driver.

Alan

p.s. If there is a car in my neck of the woods that you want me to look at, you know where to reach me.

Yea, my older brother had a '66 442, it was a sweet car. Built like a tank, but ran out real good. Sounded mean as well.

About 4 weeks ago I purchased a 68 ss 396 Chevelle....Still have the Vette ....I'vwe known this car far a long time . It was frame offed 7 yrs ago and then drove 400 miles and parked in the barn . Its a 396 auto.. original color and in VERY nice condition, and mostly all original. Love it!!....And to make it official, I blew away a GT Rustang last night ..:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom