Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Traded in my '02 for an '06

yellow_2002_germany

Corvette
2006 Velocity Yellow
I was home for Thanksgiving on leave when I decided to stop by Bill Estes Chevy in Indianapolis to look at their inventory of Vettes. Big Mistake!! I saw a red-tag '06 for sale. It had all of the things I would have ordered : Z-51, 3LT option group, both tops, 6 speed and it was Velocity Yellow. Well, I would have preferred polished aluminum wheels over the glass top. Unfortunately, I was not able to take off any of my upgrade parts on my '02: Corsa exhaust, C6 Z06 shifter, Blackwing intake. Oh well. Someone is going to get a great '02 and save a lot of money on upgrades.

Well, I bought it and drove it the 900 miles home through two days of rain. Luckily I beat the snow that was scheduled to hit central indy. Ironically enough when I bought my '02 I also had to drive it home through rain!

I am sure you will love your C6. It is truely an awesome car. CONGRATS....

I'm very proud of you for doing the right thing ,this keeps all those fine people in B G on the production line.Hopefully your 02 will fine a good home.Take care and come back home soon.

Randy,

How exciting!! Congratulations on the new C6.

Elaine

Randy,
Congratulations!
We need photos, driving impressions, comparisons of the 02 to the 06 :upthumbs

Tammy

I traded my 2002 C5 earlier this year as well, and am REALLY happy with the C6 :upthumbs. The C5 was great, and the C6 is even better :_rock .

Dave

Congrats Randy......6 Shooter hasn't come along to say it so I will.....you picked the right color!

Congrats on the new C6!

Oh... and you picked the "second" best color. :L

Hecox

Congrats Randy.. :upthumbs

Where's those pics??

:w
-Stefan

PS: Wishing for a little trip back to the Autobahn right now? :D

so now I guess you'll be yellow_2006_germany?:D

I think I picked the best color! However, the Le Mans blue with the competition gray wheels looks quite nice too.

I am still collecting driving impressions to tell the group about.

And YES I wish I was able to have THIS one in Germany! But I still consider myself lucky that I was able to have a Corvette in Germany for a year and Italy for 2 years.

As for pictures I am still looking for a good place near Fayetteville to take some pics.

Congrats and ENJOY that new C6! Also, thanks for your service...I'm a former Marine, Viet Nam era. Does your C6 have the F55 shocks? On the '05 I tested, those almost caused me to buy the car as I was totally impressed by how they enhanced the ride and handling of the car. Of course the brakes, HP and everything else about the C6 certainly felt outstanding, too. Oh sigh, guess I'll just have to continue to make do with my '02, but then again it's without a doubt the best performance car I've ever OWNED!!! Merry Christmas....DFO :D

Randy,

Don't worry about driving that autobahn. When my baby shows up in mid Jan, I'll do the driving for you. Kind of like watching it on XBox. The 62 and 6 will just be worn out....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom