Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Tranny fluid leak or ???

Pinky

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Convertible
Hey I'm back after an extended absence - with problems of course. When last we heard from our Heroine, a local SoCal dealership had effed up the bearing replacement. Got that "fixed". Found out the rear end linkage was also effed. Got that fixed. Was told the transmission fluid was the wrong kind, had it replaced. Ever since I have had a leak from the rear end that used to be a few drops/day and now is a small pond which I would like to NOT see become a lake. The odd thing is, it is an automatic transmission and I have not had any problems with it going into gear, driving, shifting, anything. Still runs smooth as silk and just drove it across country - 2800 miles in 4 days (we moved to the DC area) and it was a wonderful ride. Boring scenery though, LOL.

So...What's all that fluid on the garage floor???

So we (and by "we" I mean I allowed Mr. Pinky to...LOL) put Big Red up on the ramp last weekend and found out yes indeedy it was transmission fluid - because the transmission pan had only been finger tightened.

Thanks so much once again Weseloh Chevrolet of Carlsbad, CA for your totally CRAPTASTIC service! :mad

Sorry I missed this earlier....but it sounds as though you've found the source and hopefully have fixed it. It also sounds like you have run across another wonderful Chevrolet dealer (I hope you can read the sarcasm in my writing). I'm glad that you figured it out before it gave you worse problems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom